2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-1 07:12:16 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
While Kirkland is being counted on mostly as an extra blocker, the Raiders do have a few pass plays in the playbook for him that he hopes get called soon.
Kirkland got his chance after blocking tight end Lee Smith went on injured reserve with a lower-leg injury on Oct,Georgia Bulldogs Jerseys. 5. Kirkland had been promoted to the active roster the previous week because of injuries on the offensive line but didn't get a chance to play until Smith's injury,Brendan Langley Jersey.
"Denver's been a big, physical guy, tough guy," coach Jack Del Rio said. "We were drawn to him in camp, thought there were some things that were worth developing and that development, obviously, has been accelerated a little bit with him being on the field as much as he is now."
ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) — After failing to hear his name called during last spring's NFL draft, Denver Kirkland's number is getting called quite often for the Oakland Raiders this season.

Kirkland has gone from the disappointment of being undrafted despite leaving Arkansas early to making the Raiders initially as a practice squad player to becoming a key contributor as Oakland's extra offensive lineman,Wholesale Jerseys China.
The Raiders showed interest in Kirkland even before the end of the draft, calling him to tell him they wanted him as an undrafted free agent if no team took him.
Kirkland got his most action against the Broncos when he played 42 snaps and was a key part of a running attack that gained 218 yards.
"I got hands. I got good hands," he said. "I hope so. That would be a great moment for me."
Kirkland got calls from other teams after the draft but chose the Raiders because of their early interest. The coaching staff liked what they saw from Kirkland once he arrived.
Kirkland watched the draft with his family and tried not to get too discouraged.
"He's such a good dude, he's so quiet, and all he does is come to work and grind every single day," quarterback Derek Carr said. "We knew from the beginning, we were like, 'Man,NFL Jerseys Wholesale, this guy could be special. He could be a really good player.' And so far, he's come into games for us and he's played outstanding."
"I just kept hope alive and I'm here now," he said. "I always had a positive attitude. I didn't want to get down on myself. Now I have to go even harder than ever."
Kirkland played 27 snaps in his first game against San Diego on Oct. 9 and has looked right at home on the field as part of a line that has been one of the league's best this season at both run and pass blocking.
With Oakland's other tight ends, Clive Walford and Mychal Rivera, more skilled as receivers than blockers, the Raiders started utilizing the six-lineman package more often.
Kirkland played nearly half the offensive snaps against Denver on Nov. 6 as the sixth lineman for the Raiders (7-2), with each entry onto the field accompanied by the announcement by the referee that No. 79 is an eligible receiver.
The season has been a lot more fun for Kirkland than the draft. He decided to leave Arkansas early but a poor performance at the combine led to him going undrafted.
"It's been fun,Austin Hooper Falcons Jersey UK," Kirkland said. "It's just nice to be out there going to war with the boys I practice with every week."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 17:27 , Processed in 0.071877 second(s), 26 queries .