2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-1 19:43:06 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"It's no comparison," Jack said. "This is something different. This humidity is something else."
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Forget the playbook or the practice tempo. Jacksonville Jaguars rookie linebacker Myles Jack learned quickly Tuesday that the most important thing for him right now is getting acclimated to Florida's sweltering heat and humidity.
"A lot of people don't understand that Florida heat is serious, but you've just got to get in it," fellow linebacker Telvin Smith said. "Everything just takes time. Playing on the field, making plays takes time and adjusting takes time, so he'll be fine."
Jack attended Jacksonville's rookie orientation in early May — players did little on-field work — but NFL rules regarding college graduations prevented Jack from practicing with the Jaguars during the 10 organized team activities that were spread over the previous three weeks,Cheap NFL Jerseys China.
Jack will remain in Jacksonville after the minicamp, working out at the facility through the summer, so he should be fine by the time training camp begins in late July.
"I was trying to be like the other linebackers, and I learned you have to work your way up to that," he said. "I learned as soon as I came on the field. I took the sleeves off. I'm going to be a sleeveless guy so I can get acclimated."
Jack was completely soaked in sweat after just a few minutes on the field. It got so uncomfortable — the heat index was 102 degrees — that he pulled off his No. 44 jersey and removed his long-sleeved undershirt.
"There's nothing like a real, live rep," linebackers coach Robert Saleh said. "It's one thing to be in the meeting room and think about your call as we went through it and as we quizzed them, but when you've got 10 seconds to get the call in, set the formation, make a check, identify the formation that you're dealing with, get aligned and the whole process that they go through — that's hard. That's hard in a 10-second period, and the only way you can get used to it is through real, live reps."
All eyes were on Jack as the Jaguars opened their mandatory, three-day minicamp Tuesday. General manager Dave Caldwell traded up two posts to grab the former UCLA linebacker after he slipped to the second round because of uncertainty about his right knee.
His knee held up just fine during the two-hour practice Tuesday. His conditioning was another story,Cheap China Jerseys.
"It was fun. I had a blast. I definitely need to get in shape and just get more reps, but it was fun playing football again," Jack said. "I really enjoyed it. I definitely made a lot of mistakes and I will learn from it, but it was good being with the team and just getting acclimated."
So he clearly is behind, at least for now.
Jack tore the meniscus in his knee on Sept. 23 and missed the remainder of his junior season. He left school in early October to rehab in Phoenix. The Jaguars checked his knee three times and felt comfortable enough to make a move for him when he starting falling.
Jack practiced with the team for the first time since being the 36th overall pick in the NFL draft. It was a draining experience — literally,NFL Jerseys China.

In the meantime, he has a lot of catching up to do — mostly from a conditioning standpoint.
Jack spent the past month working out in Arizona. Before that, he was in California. It was warm in both places, but there was little,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, if any,Cheap NFL Jerseys Store, humidity.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 22:50 , Processed in 0.070971 second(s), 26 queries .