2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-1 22:35:02 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Just over a month later, Spiller is sharing a locker room with Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Jets, and they've been sure to remind him of it.
The 29-year-old Spiller, a 2010 first-round pick out of Clemson,Soccer Jerseys Cheap, has rushed for 3,442 yards and 12 touchdowns,Wholesale Adidas Hockey Jerseys, and caught 197 passes for 1,477 yards and nine TDs in seven seasons. But he has never been able to live up to or duplicate the numbers he put up four seasons ago.
"I've been getting a lot of grief," Spiller said with a smile after his first practice with New York on Thursday. "Fitzpatrick, he gave me grief and he said the least I can be is a plus-one now. So, I have to score, then score another one just to make up for that touchdown a couple of weeks ago."
"It's been a crazy ride getting here," Spiller said.
"I really do," he said. "The only thing you can really do is just go out there and work. I think my man Marshawn (Lynch) said it best: 'Talk will never solve anything. It's just all about going out there and being about that action, boss.'"
"There are a lot of variables," Spiller said. "Going to New Orleans and having an injury, and trying to fight my way back and trying to play through that, and this year, they decided to go in a different direction."
But he played in only two games with Seattle, gaining 9 yards on three carries and catching five passes for 43 yards and that lone TD. The Seahawks cut him last Wednesday and the Jets, who had worked him out earlier this season,Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys, signed him Thursday .
He broke his collarbone in 2014 and played in just nine games before signing a four-year,Jerseys NFL Cheap, $18 million contract with the Saints the following offseason. Spiller played in 13 games with New Orleans, and a highlight was his 80-yard touchdown reception — Drew Brees' 400th career TD pass — in a Week 4 overtime win against Dallas. But Spiller's role diminished and he was passed on the depth chart, to the point he was inactive for this year's opener and then released a few days later.
"I think he recalled a lot in the one day we've had him," Gailey said. "I think he recalled a good bit of how we were talking, the verbiage that we use. So it makes him viable to be able to play quicker. Now whether or not that's this week, or not, I don't know."
Which means Spiller expects to play at a high level, the same type of playmaker who made the Pro Bowl in 2012.
Spiller started the season with New Orleans, which released him on Sept. 13. He was signed by Seattle on Sept. 28 , and made his Seahawks debut against the Jets on Oct. 2.
The speedy running back caught a pass from Russell Wilson while he was with the Seattle Seahawks in Week 4 and took it 8 yards for a score to help beat the New York Jets 27-17 .
"It's just believing in yourself when nobody else does," he said. "My inner circle, they believe in me. My family believes in me. Most important, my daughter believes in me. Everybody else, that's just noise that I ignore and don't worry about what people put on their blogs or what people say on their newscasts or whatever. I block all that stuff out and prepare the best way I can to be the best player I can."
His stay in Seattle was short,NFL Jerseys Cheap China, and the one-time Pro Bowl selection was looking for his third team in a matter of weeks.
"I know I'm a great player," he said. "I know I can play in this league. My confidence is not down, so I'm excited about the opportunity that I have here."
Spiller is also reunited with offensive coordinator Chan Gailey, who coached him during his best seasons in Buffalo. In 2012, Spiller ran for a career-high 1,244 yards and six touchdowns with the Bills, and also set a personal best with 43 receptions for 459 yards and two TDs. During that season, Spiller had TD runs of 56 and 49 yards in the opener against the Jets, and caught a 66-yard TD pass — from Fitzpatrick — in the season finale.
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) — C.J. Spiller has one touchdown this season — and it came against his current team.
For now, the Jets envision him as the No. 3 running back who could potentially contribute as a returner.
Spiller joins a backfield that already includes Matt Forte and Bilal Powell, but thinks he can be a valuable addition to the Jets' running game despite his subpar last few seasons.

"He's a very versatile guy," Gailey said. "He can run the ball, he can catch the ball out of the backfield, and he did all those kind of things for us. We'll have to wait and see how it fits all together. But he's got ability. Obviously he's got ability or else he wouldn't be here."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-9 21:36 , Processed in 0.070775 second(s), 28 queries .