10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-3 19:01:50 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
With its driving forces focused on mapping the way to success for the country’s youths, the recently launched educational magazine Inspire Guyana seeks to take student empowerment and professional awareness another phenomenal step further.The man behind the new magazine is Captain Orlando Charles, a Commercial Pilot and Managing Director of Global Networks Group who is resolute on the path to making a difference in the lives of as many young Guyanese as possible.The look of the new magazine.During the launch which was held in the Queen’s College auditorium on Saturday, the Inspire Guyana team made it obvious that the 24-full colour glossy pages magazine was developed to raise awareness and empower students with career guidance information.They hope to achieve this by featuring local professional personalities of both the private and public sectors from a broad spectrum of local occupational fields, showcasing their areas of expertise.The keynote speaker at the launch was Minister of Culture, Youth and Sports Dr. Frank Anthony.In his delivery, the Minister stated,MLB Jerseys China Authentic, “I think for many of us there are times when we would like to be inspired. There are things that would happen to us that we would like to read something that is positive that when we finish reading it that we would think that whatever our circumstances or whatever was daunting is so immaterial because we have read an inspirational story.”Anthony stated that he liked the magazine’s target audience.“Very often young people are going to school and there is a level of uncertainty of what they want to do with their lives and if there are no mentors then that choice becomes even more difficult.”The Minister added, “Ssuccess is not something that just happens, it is something that you must plan for but often people don’t think that way. Therefore for students to be successful, planning will have to start in school.”He said, “This Magazine I think would help children, parents and mentors to start making those decisions early so that we have many more successes.”“There are many persons in Guyana who could inspire. People who be our heroes but because their stories have not been told then we are not aware and therefore we cannot hold them up as positive role models.”Dr. Anthony said that many people were not born successes but “had to overcome their situations and make something of themselves. Those are the stories that we have to tell because there are children in those circumstances.”“We see that girls are doing better than boys. We see a lot of young men dropping out of school and getting involved in something illegal. They want to make a fast dollar and that is how they live their lives but we need to get them models so we can present to them and I think this medium is one way we can do that.”The Minister continued, “We have a chance to be a part of a movement that can help to change things in Guyana,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, that can help to change the way that we view young people and the way that young people view themselves.”“Right now when you open the newspapers there are a lot of jobs that are available yet we hear about youth unemployment because there is a mismatch between what some of the young people have studied and the jobs that are on the market.”He recommended that to narrow that gap and if we are going to change that mismatch we need to offer guidance.“Tell people of the new sectors that are emerging, tell people about the new careers, tell people about the kind of qualifications you need so that they can get into those careers and I think this magazine could help us in that direction,NFL Jerseys Outlet,” he said.The objective of the magazine is to inspire students through featured career profiles by stimulating interest in potential career fields in which they can wisely invest their brilliance, talents and capabilities for their future.He claims that the information published will be helpful to students to focus on selecting a stream of subjects relevant to a potential career field of choice.Charles boasts that his magazine which will be published monthly, is endorsed by the Caribbean Examination Council. As if to second his claims, an endorsement message is scribed onto one of its pages.He said that it is not only receiving regional support, but claimed that the Regional Educational Officer has placed “bits and pieces into the magazine since it is geared towards shaping the county’s future by moulding younger minds.”Moments before officially unveiling Inspire Guyana Charles said “Our first edition features a doctor, a judge who later decided he was going to do law, top students for both CSEC and SSEE, social worker who believes that when you save a child,Brock Holt Jersey, you actually save a generation.”The Captain said that his life is one he has dedicated to serving humanity. “If through this magazine, I help 1000 children become professionals,Adidas Hockey Jerseys Cheap, I think I would consider that a life well lived.”“I have found that many tail behind in life not because they aim too high but rather because they aim too low. But through this magazine, I aspire to urge all to look at their hopes and dreams and go out and achieve them.”“Say to yourself it is possible. Nothing is more powerful than a made up mind,” Charles urged.Addressing the gathering also was Ms. Jackie Benn, the Headmistress of the country’s premier institution. “I neither doubt that the magazine is stimulating nor that it will touch and change lives.”“Though it is his brainchild, his team of writers must be commended.” She said too that “I know it is hard in Magazine journalism. It is challenging to stay ahead but I am convinced that Inspire Guyana will grasp and hold the attention of its intended audience.”The Queen’s College Head teacher continued, “While it is the role of the school to educate the young populace,Dallas Mavericks Jerseys, Inspire Guyana will support teachers and help to guide students along the way for future success.”Also speaking at the launching was Caribbean Secondary Examination Certificate top performer Zimeena Rasheed urged fellow students to use Inspire Guyana for their further successes.She stated that she believes it is an excellent initiative since “Many students are uncertain of what they want or where they’re heading but now they will be able to.”
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-21 01:28 , Processed in 0.070123 second(s), 26 queries .