2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-4 08:10:06 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
As he extolled the team's virtues and saluted individual players, the president did not name star quarterback Tom Brady,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, who notified the White House that he was dealing with a "personal family matter" and would not attend the ceremony.
Wide receiver Malcolm Mitchell said he was moved by the White House ceremony, saying it "almost brought me to tears. As a child growing up, I never would have thought a president would have said my name by any means."
Trump hosted the five-time champions on the South Lawn and declared that "no team has been good this long,Cheap Jerseys USA."
Trump has particularly close ties to the Patriots, counting owner Bob Kraft and head coach Bill Belichick as friends. One of Trump's signature "Make America Great Again" hats was spotted in Brady's locker in 2015.
"It is a distinct honor for us to celebrate what was unequivocally our sweetest championship with a very good friend and somebody whose mental toughness and strength I greatly admire," said Kraft. The team presented the president with a personalized "Trump" No. 45 jersey and a helmet from February's Super Bowl, the first such game to go to overtime.
During the South Lawn ceremony, Trump recounted reading a supportive letter from Belichick on the eve of the election, while Kraft saluted the president as a friend for decades.
Defensive back Devin McCourty told Time Magazine: "I don't feel accepted in the White House. With the president having so many strong opinions and prejudices I believe certain people might feel accepted there while others won't."
__
One player made an impromptu appearance at a White House press before the official ceremony. Tight end Rob Gronkowski stuck his head in the door of the briefing room as Press Secretary Sean Spicer was holding a televised briefing.
Kraft was one of at least seven NFL team owners who gave $1 million each to Trump's inaugural committee, a new fundraising report shows. Others include the owners of the Houston Texans, the Washington Redskins, the Jacksonville Jaguars and the Los Angeles Rams. Kraft gave the money via his Kraft Group LLC.
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump welcomed the New England Patriots to the White House Wednesday, noting the parallels between his own upset victory and their stunning Super Bowl win — but avoiding discussion of the apparent prison suicide of their former teammate Aaron Hernandez earlier in the day.
"It was a complete team effort. That's the beauty of what they do, they win as a team,Cheap NFL Jerseys China," said Trump, who compared the team's 25-point comeback against the Atlanta Falcons in February to his own political upset. "Pundits, boy, are they wrong a lot, aren't they? They said you couldn't do it."
A team spokesman said the Patriots were aware of the reports of Hernandez's death but the club wasn't expected to comment. Two players were brought to speak to reporters after the White House ceremony, but both said they had not known Hernandez.
Associated Press writers Julie Bykowicz and Jill Colvin contributed to this report,Wholesale NFL Jerseys USA.
More than two dozen Patriots skipped the ceremony. Several had said beforehand that they would not show for political reasons. Shortly before the event, Brady posted a photo of his parents on Instagram, wishing them a happy anniversary.
Players have turned down White House invites ever since such events began to take off under President Ronald Reagan. That includes Brady in 2015. He cited a "family commitment" at the time, but there was speculation he declined because of some unflattering comments a spokesman for President Barack Obama made about the "Deflategate" scandal.
Gronkowski jokingly asked Spicer whether he needed any help. Spicer — an avid Patriots fan — responded: "I think I got this. But thank you."
Casting a pall over the ceremony was the news about Hernandez, who hanged himself in a prison cell hours before the White House visit, according to Massachusetts prison officials. Hernandez, who played for the Patriots from 2010 to 2012, was serving a life sentence for a murder conviction. Days ago, the 27-year-old former tight end was acquitted of a double murder.
After the victory in February, tight end Martellus Bennett quickly made it clear he was not coming to the White House,Cheap Jerseys From China, and other teammates followed. Some noted their differences with the Republican administration, though others did not an issue a reason for their absence.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 07:38 , Processed in 0.072153 second(s), 26 queries .