2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-5 21:05:51 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
And just where does dad keep his kids' heirlooms?
"It was just like losing a child," Craig said.
"Yeah," Britton said, smiling, "hopefully one with a big Bronco head on it."
If the Denver Broncos beat the Carolina Panthers in Super Bowl 50, baby brother will be getting his hands on his own gaudy jewelry.
The Colquitts are to punting what the Mannings are to passing, although the patriarch had an inauspicious start — a safety on the his very first punt at the University of Tennessee in 1975. Craig went on to rewrite the school record book, averaging 42.5 yards per punt, a mark that would be bested by three more Colquitts.
His nephew, Jimmy, averaged 43.9 yards from 1981-84. Dustin averaged 42.567 from 2001-04 and Britton,Cheap Stitched Jerseys, 42.569 from 2005-08.
"So, Dad,NFL Jerseys Online," Britton wondered, "when are you going to die?"
Dustin, 33, is in line to inherit his father's ring from Pittsburgh's win over Dallas in 1979.

Britton, 30, will get his father's ring from Pittsburgh's victory over the Los Angeles Rams the following year.
"It's gotten him in trouble, though," Britton said. "I think a year ago, he actually lost it in a restaurant. He was letting this group of guys check it out and just kind of forgot about it and realized it was gone. So, I think he's a little safer with it now — but he still shows everybody."
He doesn't play favorites with his kids but he sure does when it comes to his rings.
He really wanted that ring.
Craig once sat the boys down and told them they'd each inherit one of his Super Bowl rings.
Flashing the first ring on his left hand,Wholesale Jerseys USA, the second on the right, a 1-2 punch that sends Steelers Nation into a tizzy.
"That baby's costing him more to take her to the Super Bowl than it cost to bring her into this world,Cheap Jerseys From China," Craig said.
Britton did have to dole out $1,800 for each of his three kids, including his newborn daughter who won't even be 3 weeks old Sunday.
After Craig's senior year in 1977, Chuck Noll personally worked him out before drafting him. He averaged 41.3 yards in six seasons in the pros. He made a brief return to the NFL in 1987 when the players went on strike. He was in financial straits at the time and the chance to get back into the game — and more importantly, to earn an $8,000 weekly paycheck — spurred him to cross the picket line.
"That would be pretty nice," Britton said. "It would be worth a lot more than my dad's old rings, too."
In his one game with the Indianapolis Colts, he had the only blocked punt of his pro career.
Crickets. Of course, they were watching cartoons.
"Thirteen is gaudy and we beat the Dallas Cowboys and I love to show that off," he said. "Fourteen looks like a very expensive class ring, that's all. Super Bowl XIII looks like a Super Bowl ring. I like the ring because Dallas was going to draft me in the fifth round and Pittsburgh took me in the third round. We never lost to the Cowboys."
Britton got his dad tickets for Sunday's game, but he didn't have to splurge for tickets for his brother, who's recovering from surgery on his left knee and isn't coming out to California.
Britton figures his AFC championship ring, the consolation prize he keeps in its case after losing the Super Bowl to Seattle two years ago, is probably bigger and more expensive than the Super Bowl rings his dad won, though certainly not as valuable.
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — Broncos punter Britton Colquitt always knew that he would get a Super Bowl ring someday. The only question is whether it'll be bequeathed to him or bestowed upon him.
"Yeah, turns out he could relate to the gold and diamonds after all,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping," Craig said.
Disappointed in their lack of enthusiasm, Craig retreated upstairs to make lunch. Soon, his youngest boy was tugging at his shirt.
Maybe one day she'll inherit her father's Super Bowl ring.
That was the low point of an otherwise joyful journey across America's football fields.
"With him," Britton shot back incredulously. "The most braggadocios human being you'll ever meet. He's walking around: 'Hey, are you a Steelers fan? You want to see something?'
Britton, brother Dustin of the Chiefs and their father — two-time Super Bowl champion with the Steelers Craig Colquitt — are the NFL's first family of fourth downs.
"When we went to Pittsburgh in December, oh, my gosh, I mean, he was showing homeless people on the street."
Craig said he found it a week later, jammed into his luggage he'd rolled into the restaurant on a business trip.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-8 05:54 , Processed in 0.070922 second(s), 26 queries .