2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-5 22:30:13 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
The Chiefs kept Knile Davis as their third running back behind Charcandrick West and Spencer Ware when rosters were trimmed over the weekend, giving them insurance if Charles is unavailable. The trio was solid in his absence last season, leading the Chiefs to 10 straight wins and the playoffs.
Meanwhile, Berry missed most of training camp after negotiations on a long-term contract broke down and he refused to sign his franchise tender. The All-Pro has only been with the team about a week.
"I am full-go right now. I'm out here,Cheap NFL Jerseys co, I'm practicing,Cheap Jerseys China, and I can't be happier about where I'm at," Charles said last week. "It's all going to come when it comes. It's just practice right now and I'm happy to be out here. I could be sitting on the couch watching TV."
"At the end of the day, I think Knile had a really good camp,Houston Cougars Jerseys," said general manager John Dorsey,Wholesale Jerseys China, who drafted him in the third round three years ago. "He earned himself a roster spot."

The big question was whether Davis would stick. He's had problems with fumbles throughout his career, and had been passed over by West and Ware last season. But he had a solid training camp, and his ability to return kicks made him a bonus for special teams.
"We'll get them in there. We know we have guys that can spot them if needed," Reid said. "I don't think Tamba will play the full load. We'll rotate Tamba. Just by sheer age and wear and tear on the body, he'll be in a rotation. If you keep him in there, he'll go 8,000 miles an hour.
But with several capable backups, the Chiefs appear in no rush to get him on the field.
That's because Chiefs coach Andy Reid acknowledged Monday that running back Jamaal Charles is "a stretch" to play after surgery to repair the ACL in his right knee. Charles has been practicing for weeks but did not participate in any preseason games as he works his way back to game speed.
"Then with Eric, it's just a matter of seeing where he's at and how he's doing."
"Jamaal has to keep working through this,Tevin Coleman Falcons Jersey," Reid said. "We'll see how it goes."
Hali had surgery on his balky knees in the offseason, and the Chiefs intend to treat him with kid gloves all season. Without star linebacker Justin Houston, recovering from his own knee surgery, the Chiefs will rely on the 32-year-old Hali to provide some kind of pressure on the quarterback.
Of the Chiefs' six cornerbacks, none has been in the league more than two years.
In other news, Reid said Phillip Gaines will start at cornerback opposite 2015 Defensive Rookie of the Year Marcus Peters. Gaines is coming off his own torn ACL, but has been back on the field for a while, and the third-year pro at least brings a modicum of experience to a youthful bunch of defensive backs.
"I'm confident in the guys, but it's a matter of them doing it," Reid said. "We have to see it in games and see how they do, but they're surely capable of doing a nice job in there."
West ran for 634 yards and four touchdowns. Ware ran for 403 yards and six touchdowns. Both were impressive enough that they earned new contracts in the offseason.
The four-time Pro Bowl selection tore the ligament in a loss to Chicago in Week 5, and had surgery shortly thereafter. He was back on the field for a portion of the Chiefs' mandatory June minicamp, and that raised hopes Charles would be available for the opener against San Diego.
Reid also confirmed that pass rusher Tamba Hali and safety Eric Berry will be available against San Diego, even though neither of the veterans participated in a preseason game.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The Kansas City Chiefs' ground game could look quite similar to the way it finished last season when they play the San Diego Chargers in their opener on Sunday at Arrowhead Stadium.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 08:27 , Processed in 0.068634 second(s), 26 queries .