2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-6 01:08:34 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Coughlin's trademark this season has been to be aggressive. There was a third-down pass against Dallas in the season opener when a run would have taken about 40 seconds off the clock. Dallas won a pass from Tony Romo to Jason Witten with :07 to play.
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — Tom Coughlin isn't spending any time worrying about his coaching future with the New York Giants.
With four games left, Coughlin's focus is to turn things around. It starts with him,Wholesale Jerseys, too. He intends to keep coaching, working, fighting, planning and making decisions. Be aggressive.
It's the reason Coughlin is in trouble heading to Miami for a Monday night game next week.
NOTES: Rookie LT Ereck Flowers was on crutches Monday with a sprained left ankle. ... Manning hurt his right ankle in the third quarter against the Jets. He said X-rays were negative and he intends to practice this week. ... A key play for the Jets on their tying touchdown drive was a 15-yard run by Ryan Fitzpatrick on a fourth-and-6. Coughlin said the Giants checked out of a line stunt on the play that would have put a defender right where the Jets quarterback ran.
Coughlin set himself up to be second-guessed on Sunday with a decision to go for a game-clinching touchdown instead of a chip-shot field goal with the Giants ahead of the Jets by 10 points. The plan backfired, the Jets rallied to tie the game in the final minute of regulation and won in overtime, sending the Giants (5-7) to their third straight loss.
The man who has led the Giants to two Super Bowl wins does not want to put his defense in a position where it needs to stop a final drive to preserve a lead. That was the reason he went on fourth-and-2 in the loss to the Jets. He wanted a 17-point lead, when observers felt he should have settled for a 13-point lead.
"We've got four games left and we can win all four of them, but it's all up to the players, man," defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul said. "The players have to give it all in and come in and practice, even if you're hurt, just come in and do your job."
Wins have been there for the taking, and the Giants have failed to take them.
It marked the fifth time the Giants have lost after coughing up a fourth-quarter lead in the final two minutes. Those five losses have been by a total of 12 points. There have been questionable decisions and players not making a play here or there that would have been the difference.
"Coach put us in a position, he trusts us to go make a play, and we've got to do it,Pat Tillman Cardinals Throwback Jersey," Manning said. "We've got to play better at some critical moments in the game. We do some good things, we get close, we do a lot of good things, and it's just kind of that final step,Cheap MLB Jerseys China, those last few yards,MLB Jerseys China Authentic, and the difference between winning games and losing games. We're just not making that crucial play to get us the win."
Though many frustrated supporters are calling for changes with the team faltering and facing a fourth straight season out of the playoffs, Coughlin is looking firmly ahead to the next game.
Quarterback Eli Manning reiterated the players have to step up and make plays in crunch time.
It's all come back to the coach and left many wondering whether the 69-year-old Coughlin will be back next season.
"Don't sit back because the world thinks it's not getting done," he said. "We know better."
Excruciating late losses to the Falcons, Saints and Patriots could be blamed on failures by the defense and special teams, and by the offense in the red zone.
"I don't pay any attention,Cheap NFL Jerseys China," Coughlin said Monday when asked about his future. "I try to stay focused for the benefit of my team, my coaches and everybody else. You can all disagree. We are trying to win games the best way we can. To be honest with you, nobody knows my team better than I know my team. When you sit in judgment of what goes on, it's all been thought out, whether you like it or not and whether it's right or wrong."
"We'll win when we deserve to win," Coughlin said.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-12 20:12 , Processed in 0.080636 second(s), 28 queries .