2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-7 03:22:45 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Mathieu was a standout player at LSU, a finalist for the Heisman Trophy as a sophomore in 2011. But he was kicked off the team for marijuana use in 2012 and spent a night in jail after a police bust at his apartment. Mathieu spent an entire season out of football.
The Cardinals signed Mathieu to the big contract even though he's undergone surgery on both knees after injuries in two of his three NFL seasons. He has yet to play a full season and currently is on the physically unable to perform list. But Keim said he had no doubt that Mathieu would have many healthy days on the field.
Mathieu's aunt and uncle, Tyrone and Sheila Mathieu, who adopted him as a child, were on hand at the news conference that followed the contract signing. So was another uncle,Discount Football Jerseys, Ricardo Mathieu. Also there were Mathieu's longtime girlfriend Sydni Russell and one of his two sons,Cheap Jerseys League, a lively youngster introduced by Bidwill as "Little Ty or Little Savage."
"It's been a long road," Mathieu said. "It's been a long journey. I'd like to thank my adopted parents for putting me in private schools, even though I was a knucklehead growing up, they did everything they could to kind of shelter me. I'm truly grateful."
"All of us have challenges in our lives," Cardinals President Michael Bidwill said, "but I think the story of Tyrann Mathieu is a very special one. It's a story that's not over yet. Today is just a new chapter. When you look at some of the things about the game of football, you look at determination,Cheap NFL Jerseys China Free Shipping, you look at commitment, you look at the love for the game, and you look at Tyrann Mathieu."
Although an initial report put Mathieu's guaranteed money at $40 million, a person close to the situation clarified that the player was guaranteed $21.25 million at signing, including a $15.5 million signing bonus. The rest of the money is "guaranteed" if he's on the team in later years of the deal. The person asked for anonymity because the details had not been officially released.
"I plan on being the best player on the field," Mathieu said, "and I plan on being like Patrick off the football field."
Still, it is a big reward for a do-everything All-Pro defender who was considered such a high risk by many when Arizona selected him in the third round of the 2013 draft.
Mathieu thanked his aunt and uncle for helping him through a rough childhood in New Orleans.
"You question whether certain guys will come back with certain injuries," Keim said, "and some of that is mentality and mindset. You'd have to hit this kid over the head a hundred times to get him to quit. That's why he's 'the Badger.'"
GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) — On what he called "a proud day," Tyrann Mathieu added a rich chapter to his remarkable comeback story by signing a five-year, $62.5 million contract extension Wednesday.
On the field, Mathieu thrived with his versatility and football acumen. He's listed as a safety but plays at least as much at cornerback. Keim said Mathieu has the best football instincts of any player he's seen.
Mathieu, whose multitude of fans know him as the "Honey Badger," quickly developed into a standout player and evolved into a team leader. His LSU teammate for a season, Cardinals All-Pro cornerback Patrick Peterson, took Mathieu under his wing. Peterson, carrying his infant daughter, attended the news conference.
Mathieu emphasized that this is not some happy ending to a story.
The deal makes him one of the highest-paid defensive backs in the game.

"I'm here to tell you he's made me a better man and a better GM," general manager Steve Keim said, "because he's done a lot of things for me in opening up my mind and changing some of my philosophies. I grew up in the scouting life where you rarely gave people second chances and this guy changed my philosophy."
"I'd like to thank God. I've been truly blessed,NFL Jerseys From China," Mathieu said in his opening remark. "He's given me a lot of grace. He's had some patience with me."
"This is a process for me. I don't think it's ever going to end," he said. "So for me it's all about staying on the straight and narrow,Bobby Doerr Jersey, being the right kind of guy. I know everything else will kind of handle itself. This is a proud day for me."
But after repeated interviews, the Cardinals took a chance on him.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 18:24 , Processed in 0.067120 second(s), 26 queries .