10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-7 03:45:33 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
On one hand, the APNU+AFC administration is faced with the decision to shut down the National Industrial and Commercial Investments Inc. (NICIL), as it had lobbied for innumerable times when it served in the Opposition.Opposition Leader, Bharrat JagdeoOn the other, the Government could choose to go back on its promise to the nation and keep the entity it deemed to be at the heart of some of the most corrupt deals in Guyana’s history.Either way,Wholesale Jerseys USA, Opposition Leader Bharrat Jagdeo said that government has found itself  between a rock and a hard place. He opined that regardless of what decision it chooses,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, the David Granger-led administration would be placed in an embarrassing light in the eyes of the nation.Government had launched an investigation into NICIL and the report has been completed over a month now. Cabinet is yet to see its findings hence the green light is still to be given for it to be made public.Nevertheless, the report recommends that NICIL be closed down and a small department be opened under the Ministry of Finance,NFL Jerseys Outlet, if government deems it necessary. But Finance Minister Winston Jordan does not necessarily share this view.In fact, he insisted in a recent interview with Kaieteur News that NICIL as a state-owned company is essential.Jordan said,NFL Jerseys Outlet, “Listen,jerseys nfl wholesale, NICIL is necessary. You cannot shut down the entity just like that or do away with it, because it was established to serve a particular purpose. Granted, NICIL needs to be restructured,Wholesale Jerseys China, but I would emphasise again that it is a necessary entity. The decision to be taken on NICIL has to be approved by Cabinet in any case, so I cannot say to you that I agree with this recommendation or I disagree.”The Opposition Leader holds a similar position.  He said, “I think that the government needs to probably keep NICIL. You will see that all of the audited reports of the company gave it a clean bill of health. I believe that when you would have seen the so-called forensic audit and the response by NICIL, you would also conclude that NICIL played a very useful role in Guyana’s development and it acted in transparent manner.”Jagdeo claimed that NICIL was “demonized” by a private vendetta by some newspapers and by the then political opposition.“Almost every single day there would be some fabrication of a story on NICIL in the papers. They portrayed it as being corrupt. The government when it was in opposition made a big issue about closing NICIL down and said that NICIL is not necessary. They find themselves today in a dilemma. Either they admit that they were wrong and that they do need to keep NICIL, or close it and fulfill their promise to the people to do so,” expressed the former President.Since the launch of a forensic audit into the operations of NICIL, several glaring breaches of the country’s financial regulations have been unearthed.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-8 09:09 , Processed in 0.064885 second(s), 28 queries .