2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-7 19:38:45 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
DENVER (AP) — Julius Thomas missed the Denver Broncos' annual summer scrimmage with a bruised thigh, so Jacob Tamme stepped up and played the starring role alongside Peyton Manning.
Notes: Fox planned to fly to Canton, Ohio, to watch Michael Strahan's induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. ... The veterans gave the rookies crazy haircuts Friday night. "It's kind of a tradition,Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys," Fox said. "I learned a long time ago the only difference between a good one and a bad one is about two weeks." ... Before the game, 50 members of the military went through a "military combine" sponsored by USAA.
"It's the first time we went live,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, so the tackling was a bit rusty. That will come the more we go live and the more we really tackle. So,NFL Jerseys China, we're not really worried about that right now."
Up until Saturday, Denver's defense had largely gotten the best of Manning & Co., but the unit wasn't as sharp against the second-teamers.
Tamme stretched out and snared Manning's high pass for a one-handed 17-yard touchdown grab with Omar Bolden in coverage, the highlight of the short scrimmage before 38,620 fans on a sundrenched Saturday afternoon at Sports Authority Field.
Manning and the starting offense played about a dozen snaps against the second-string defense, and then his backup,China NFL Jerseys, Brock Osweiler, worked with the second-string offense against the front-line defense, although DeMarcus Ware, Von Miller and Chris Harris Jr., still getting back up to speed following injuries, were held out.
Somebody asked Manning if there was a statement to be made against the Seahawks, and Manning didn't bite.
"It's a preseason game," he said. "No, I don't think so."
Thanks to Tamme, apparently so will Denver's offense when he's on the sideline.
Osweiler had some nice plays and he had the defense off-balance when he took off and scrambled, capitalizing on a unit that's grown accustomed to facing a pocket quarterback in training camp.
"Jacob is always there when you need him," said Manning, who also played with Tamme in Indianapolis. "He is very dependable. He and (safety David) Bruton are our top two special teams players and at the same time Jacob has always been a productive offensive player.
Afterward, coach John Fox said Thomas was held out "just to be safe" because of a bruised thigh, which he didn't think was anything serious. "He just got bumped at practice. We just didn't want to risk it. He'll be fine."
"Brock has had a good camp," Manning said. "He has just improved every single year he's been here and I thought he had a really good day today, as well."
"We've still got some work to do, that's what we learned," said safety T.J. Ward, one of the free agents general manager John Elway brought in to give his defense an edge after the Super Bowl debacle.
"Julius was down today. We don't change our offense, we don't change plays. We call the same plays and heck of a catch on his touchdown, almost another heck of a catch on the fade to the end zone."

And it served as a tuneup for the preseason opener here Thursday night against Seattle, which whipped Denver in the Super Bowl six months ago.
It was the third and final public practice for the Broncos, whose training headquarters are closed for a $35 million makeover.
Wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders was happy with the workload and was looking forward to a day off.
Tamme couldn't quite hold onto the other pass Manning threw his way in the end zone, also leading him to avoid the defender.
"With how my body feels, I'm just kind of happy that we only went 12 plays, he said. "It kind of needs a break right now. We've been running a lot, doing a lot of extra work. So, this time off will be very beneficial."
"Yeah,NFL Jerseys 2018, I would have liked to have that one," Tamme said. "... We'll go back and look at it and see what we can clean up. But I think overall we did a decent job of doing what we set out to do and kind of got a good dress rehearsal and live tackling for this week coming up."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-6-1 11:04 , Processed in 0.072815 second(s), 26 queries .