2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-9 11:58:11 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
There's little chance of that while running the scout team against the first-string defense.
"You just have to make smart decisions and quick decisions and just throw it to the open guy," Jones said. "You have to make throws at times (in practice),Wholesale Jerseys, but you're going to have to do that in games."
"For me it's always been moving in the pocket, just becoming more explosive," he said. "I've got to get more comfortable doing those things, making awkward throws, getting out of my comfort zone where I'm not just drop, hitching and throwing the ball."
"You try not to think about that type of stuff," he said. "You can stress yourself and if you do that you don't focus on the task at hand. Sometimes I do think about the future and whatever it holds, but for right now what I'm concentrating on is the next practice, the next opportunity,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, the next play."
To get it he spent a majority of the offseason focusing on his footwork.
There are moments when Jones still looks hesitant, he doesn't seem lost. The distinction is an important one for his coach.
It helps to have the stability of a four-year contract and no real pressure to do anything more than get adjusted to life in the NFL.
"Last year I was just going out there and things were flying around, I really didn't know what was going on," Jones said. "This year I've felt a lot more comfortable in the offense, knowing my reads and things along those lines."
"I think he's headed in the right direction,NFL Jerseys China," Tomlin said.
At this point, that's enough.
He'll get a chance to show how far he's come over the next four weeks. Though Jones declines to speculate on whether he has a chance to supplant Gradkowski for the second spot on the depth chart — calling it a question better suited for coach Mike Tomlin — he understands what's at stake when he takes the field on Saturday night against the New York Giants.
Even if the chance to do it in ones that count remains years away. The 25-year-old is content to wait. The way he looks at it, he has no other choice.
He knows his immediate — and barring disaster, long-term — future with the Pittsburgh Steelers will consist of him watching from the sideline on Sundays as Ben Roethlisberger goes to work.

NOTES: Rookie LB Ryan Shazier missed his second straight practice with what Tomlin described as a "boo boo." DL Steve McLendon sat out a fourth consecutive practice with a concussion.
"Sure I would love to play, but as far as right now and the situation I'm in, is it likely? No," Jones said Wednesday.
And while the former Oklahoma star is doing what he can to push those thoughts out of his mind and focus on gaining further command of an offense he may never actually run, the realist in him knows what he's up against.
It's a difficult proposition showing how far you've come when you're paired with a group of inexperienced players against a veteran unit that typically ranks among the league's best.
Don't get him wrong, he's not complaining.
So he spent the winter and spring going through drill after drill designed to make him more effective when things go bad.
"I just want to perform the way I know I'm capable of performing and wherever the chips fall, they fall," he said. "Whatever the coaches decide they're gonna do, they're gonna do. I don't have much control over that situation."
If Jones is going to become a starter in the NFL one day, he's aware it will almost certainly have to be somewhere else.
He excelled during a record-setting career at Oklahoma, where he became the Big 12's all-time leader in yards passing (16,646) and touchdowns (123). It helped playing behind an offensive line that made sure he was rarely touched.
What he does have control over, however,Cheap Jerseys From China, is what he does when the football is in his hands. The previous time he took snaps in a packed stadium, things didn't go so well.
It's a nice way to make history, but it's not exactly the best way to get ready for the NFL. Not the most mobile of quarterbacks, the 6-foot-4 Jones looked uncomfortable when forced to scramble last summer.
Jones gets it. He totally does. Roethlisberger has the experience and the talent to go with his pair of Super Bowl rings and at age 32 is still a half-decade away from even pondering retirement,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping.
The fourth-round pick in the 2013 draft insists he's "blessed" to learn behind Roethlisberger and backup Bruce Gradkowski.
A week into his second training camp, the growth process appears to be speeding up. The passes that sailed over heads or bounced at the feet of his receivers as a rookie are now finding their target.
Jones completed just 30 of 66 passes (45 percent) during the 2013 preseason. He was tentative at times and rushed at others. While he's certainly looking for better numbers, he's also looking for a better presence in the pocket.
"But am I just going to pigeon-hole myself? Am I just going to be a backup? Am I going to be a third-string guy? No. I want to start. I want to play in this league and I have aspirations for myself and where I want my career to go. But as far as right now,Budda Baker Jersey, it's tough not playing, it's tough not getting exactly what you want."
LATROBE, Pa. (AP) — Landry Jones can do the math.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 17:39 , Processed in 0.054993 second(s), 26 queries .