2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-11 07:36:15 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
One by one, each member of the Broncos' usually quiet O-line chimed in on the criticism that's being piled upon them for failing to protect Peyton Manning or get the ground game going, which threatens to derail their Super Bowl dreams.
It was the start of an extraordinary half hour in the Denver Broncos' locker room where the offensive linemen cling to vestiges of the old code of silence that former offensive line coach Alex Gibbs introduced in the 1980s.

The Broncos knew there would be growing pains when they chose to make wholesale changes up front rather than try to help the O-linemen out schematically by inserting another tight end or running back into the formations.
"Right now, I feel good about it," he said. "I know we're getting better. ... I think we are going to start moving forward here in these last six games."
"Certainly," Manning replied when asked if this front five was good enough to win. "It's not easy forming chemistry in just two weeks in the middle of the season, right? What is that,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, just a handful of practices they've had together? You'd like for an offensive line to have a minicamp and a training camp to go through together, but ... we're having to form that chemistry on the run."
"The first thing I can do is run the ball more," Gase said, "giving them more of a chance and allowing those guys to tee off a little bit instead of being on their heels so much."
Offensive coordinator Adam Gase,NFL Jerseys Authentic China, who one week earlier criticized into his offensive linemen for their poor play, took a more contrite tone Thursday, saying he could help them with better play-calling.
Another thing that could help is the return of Virgil Green, whose three-game absence with a strained calf has coincided with the offensive line's dive.
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — Orlando Franklin ambled into the locker room Thursday and loudly announced, "I'm available to talk about the situation."
"At the end of the day, this is the NFL. You're at the top of your game. You do what you're told in this league," he said. "They pay us a lot of money. They compensate us very well in order for us to go out there whether you're going to throw the ball 100 percent of the time or run the ball every time. That's our job to get it done."
—Ryan Clady, who's dealing with a strained groin, said his surgically repaired left foot that sidelined him almost all of last season feels great. He stressed the O-line realizes righting the ship starts up front because "if we go, the team goes."
The heat was turned up high after the Broncos' 22-7 loss at St. Louis on Sunday in which Manning threw 54 passes and handed off just nine times,Cheap NFL jerseys China.
—Will Montgomery, who slid in at center two weeks ago as the centerpiece of Denver's wholesale changes up front,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, said he doesn't pay any attention to what's being said outside the building but was confident the front five can get the team back on track starting Sunday.
Franklin said no matter what's called or who's in there or who's saying what, the O-line has to get it done.
—Franklin, still getting used to playing left guard after three years at right tackle, said he doesn't care about the scathing critique from Mark Schlereth. The ESPN analyst and ex-Broncos Pro Bowl O-lineman said this week that Denver's front five was so horrendous that "if I was grading, giving an F would be kind."
—Louis Vasquez, the All-Pro right guard who's been moved to right tackle,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, said while changes are tough "especially in the middle of the season, I'll take it as a complement that the coaches believe and trust in me to get out on the edge and get the job done."
The Broncos have seen 38 runs go for zero gain or negative yards, their O-line has been penalized 31 times and although Manning's been sacked a league-low 11 times, three have come on three-man rushes.
Manning defended his O-line, pointing out the difficulty in switching the group midstream.
—Manny Ramirez,Wholesale MLB Jerseys 2018, who's moved from center to right guard, said the reconfigured O-line was a work in progress but he appreciated Manning's vote of confidence a day earlier.
Franklin said: "You don't just create chemistry in two weeks as an offensive line. It's not going to be like that."
Gase said it was a matter of getting his best five linemen on the field.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-14 01:43 , Processed in 0.075675 second(s), 28 queries .