2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-11 14:53:47 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Boykin didn't need the Packers to draft three wide receivers - Adams, Jared Abbrederis (fifth) and Jeff Janis (seventh) - to keep him from getting complacent.
On Monday, Rodgers was at it again.
It's not that Boykin is antisocial,Cheap NFL Jerseys China. He's smart and engaging when he does talk. He simply doesn't want or need the attention.
"That's just how I carry myself," Boykin said. "You guys can write the articles, you can tell the stories, but at the end of the day, I'm the one who has to go out there and prove what I've got to prove."
"The biggest thing that helped Jarrett is that he became an expert of our offense," Rodgers said. "And he spent a lot of time studying our offense, getting in my ear, wanting to hear what he needed to do to get on the field,Cheap NHL Adidas Jerseys, what I expected of him in certain situations and certain route concepts. And if you're consistently in the right place at the right time,Cheap Jerseys From China, you can't help but make plays. The ball is going to find you."
"You get fined for not doing them," he said with a slight smirk.
One person Rodgers hasn't felt that way about is Boykin, who played only 10 total snaps in the first four games of last season - he didn't play a single snap on offense in the opener and one snap against Washington in Week 2 - and hadn't caught a single pass until Cobb's leg injury at Baltimore on Oct. 13. After a 43-yard catch against the Ravens that day, Boykin went on to finish with 49 receptions for 681 yards and three touchdowns.
Multiple times in training camp, quarterback Aaron Rodgers has expressed concern about where some younger players are within the offense as the Sept. 4 regular-season opener at defending Super Bowl-champion Seattle approaches.
At a position known for its prima donnas and attention-loving media darlings, there's only one reason the Green Bay Packers' third-year wide receiver had agreed to an interview.
"Clearly he's taken the next step. I just love the way he plays," coach Mike McCarthy said Tuesday. "He's physical, his toughness, he's relentless. I think he's exceptional at the top of his route. You see his strength and balance to separate from a DB. I think he's had an excellent camp."
Last week, Rodgers said of his young wide receivers and tight ends, "If you cannot line up right, if you can't get the checks and if you can't get what you're supposed to do every time - then there's no way you can possibly be on the field when I'm out there."
"They need to catch up," Rodgers told reporters. "I think some of them are playing the right way, and some of them have got to catch up. They're going to need to if they want to be on the field."
NOTES: To get to the NFL-mandated 75-man roster limit,Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China, the Packers placed nose tackle B.J. Raji (biceps), wide receiver Jared Abbrederis (knee), offensive lineman Don Barclay (knee),Jerseys China Cheap NFL, guard Andrew Tiller (calf), running back Rajion Neal (knee) and linebacker Joe Thomas (knee) on injured reserve. . The team reached an injury settlement with tight end Colt Lyerla, who was waived/injured last week and had been on the team's injured reserve list.
It is that obsession with proving himself that has driven Boykin to be the Packers' No. 3 receiver, behind recently minted $39 million man Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb, and still ahead of the rest of the pack - including rookie second-round pick Davante Adams - entering the Packers' preseason finale against the Kansas City Chiefs on Thursday night at Lambeau Field.
"My whole mindset coming in this came was obviously continue to progress, get better and show that I know the system really well," said Boykin, who has three receptions for 21 yards through three preseason games. "Consistency - that was my overall focus,Sam Mills Panthers Jersey, to be consistent in everything I do, whether it be releases, route running, run blocking, everything."
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — Jarrett Boykin was talking about his least favorite topic: Jarrett Boykin.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-14 16:19 , Processed in 0.092931 second(s), 28 queries .