主題

帖子

2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2017-12-11 17:10:10 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Thomas and Johnson figure to be the featured attractions Sunday night at Ford Field. The two big receivers (Johnson is 6-foot-5 and 237 pounds and Thomas 6-4 and 229) have redefined what it means to get open in the NFL.
Thomas has 15 catches for 176 yards, no touchdowns and two wins.
"Yeah,Wholesale Jerseys From China, I would say so. I know Demaryius was probably not open on that third-and-8 the other night in that two-minute drill," Manning said. "That guy had pretty good coverage on him and I would think that corner probably got a plus on his grade sheet for covering everything right."
Thus, the prediction that he'd break Megatron's record.
"You'd like to find some bigger ones along the way,Jerseys From China Online," Kubiak said. "But there couldn't have been any bigger ones at that stage of the game."
Yet,NFL Jerseys From China, there's plenty of angst in Detroit and Denver.
The record Thomas has his sights set on right now though is the 2-0 mark that Denver will take into Sunday night's showdown in Detroit against Johnson's Lions (0-2).
"Right now, it's mainly trying to get better at what I do in this new offense," Thomas said Wednesday. "That's going out and doing whatever I have to do to help this team win. If that's making a play at the end of the game and that's my only play, that's what I have to do."
The Broncos are still trying to find the right mix on offense between Kubiak's philosophies and Manning's skills,Cheap Jerseys For Sale. GM John Elway told the team's website Wednesday that the key to taking some pressure off the 39-year-old QB was finding better balance in the run game and hitting some big plays downfield.
That's where Thomas comes in.
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — Demaryius Thomas still thinks he can break Calvin Johnson's single-season yardage record, slow start and all.
That's what he did last week, when he caught three passes for 54 yards on Denver's final drive in a stunning 31-24 last-minute win at Kansas City.
His last catch was a 15-yard grab from Peyton Manning on third-and-8 when he boxed out rookie cornerback Marcus Peters at the Chiefs 24. That set up Emmanuel Sanders' game-tying touchdown,Wholesale China Jerseys.
Thomas is averaging 88 yards and will have to increase that figure by about 40 yards a game to have a shot at Johnson's record of 1,964 yards set in 2012.
"I used to get caught up in that a lot when I was a little younger," he said. "Now I've just realized I base it off of whatever I can do to help this team get W's on that side of the column. That's the big thing for me nowadays."

Johnson, now in his ninth season,Wholesale Jerseys China, said he doesn't compare his numbers to other receivers around the league anymore.
"When I watched the film, I said that's why they're paying him $70 million," teammate C.J. Anderson said.
"I'm sure on the outside the world's falling down for a team that's 0-2," Manning said. "I mean, it seems like it's falling down here and we're 2-0."
Notes: CB Aqib Talib was sent home sick Wednesday, but is expected back at practice Thursday. "They realized he was sick fast. He didn't really get around anybody," CB Chris Harris Jr. said.
On the day he signed his five-year, $70 million deal last summer, Thomas said he had studied Kubiak's offenses in Houston and Baltimore during his protracted contract stalemate and realized there were plenty of big plays to be made.
Johnson has 12 catches for 122 yards, a touchdown and no wins.
He's just going to have to pick up the pace, that's all.
The Broncos rank last in the league in offense and Manning's QB rating of 74.2 is near the bottom of the NFL and pales in comparison to his 97.5 career mark.
He caught seven passes for 60 yards in the opener and had five for 62 yards against Kansas City before coming up big in the two-minute drill against the Chiefs.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 09:38 , Processed in 0.078482 second(s), 23 queries .