2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-12 11:55:25 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Newton said Sunday it's something that bothers him.
However, the numbers don't support the Panthers' concerns.
Newton has drawn more personal fouls (30) than any quarterback in the league since coming into the league in 2011, according to STATS.
Blandino told the NFL Network if Hochuli did tell Newton he "wasn't old enough" to get calls,Wholesale Jerseys, he could be reprimanded. He said there have been times in the past when an official said something inappropriate to a player and was disciplined, although he didn't elaborate.
At 6-foot-5 and 245 pounds, Newton is one of the biggest quarterbacks in the NFL.
NFL Referee Association (NFLRA) executive director Jim Quirk released a statement late Monday defending Hochuli,NFL Jerseys From China, a 26-year veteran NFL referee.
Blandino declined an interview with The Associated Press through the NFL office, citing a busy schedule. NFL game officials aren't allowed to conduct interviews during the season, per league rules.
Blandino said Hochuli made the right call by not throwing the flag.
Newton called out the veteran referee after Carolina's 27-22 win after he felt a personal foul should have been called on Saints defensive tackle Tyeler Davison for hitting him out of bounds after he released a pass.
The next closest is Matthew Stafford with 24, and Matt Ryan, Robert Griffin III and Andrew Luck with 23.
TV replays show Newton having a brief conversation with Hochuli after the play, and the quarterback reacted at one point with surprise, stopping in his tracks before breaking into a wide, disbelieving smile.
"Any official could be disciplined if they say something inappropriate and we do not teach that the number of years a player is in the league is going to determine whether a foul is called," Blandino said. "It's the posture that he's in and was there a violation. So saying something to that effect is certainly something that is not appropriate."
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The NFL vice president of officiating says that referee Ed Hochuli insists he never told Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton that he "wasn't old enough" to get a personal foul call during Sunday's game against the New Orleans Saints.
"Not true. Not even close to being true." Quirk said in a release. "I'm not a lip-reader, but the short video clip I saw looks to me like Ed said very directly that 'you were running' and then shakes his head no. We stand by Ed that the accusation against him is totally false."
Panthers coach Ron Rivera refused to address the issue on Monday saying, "we're going to move forward."
There is a perception by the Panthers that because of his physical stature and runs more than any quarterback in the league that Newton doesn't get as many personal fouls to go his way as other QBs,NFL Jerseys Outlet.

"Ed was adamant that he did not say that," Dean Blandino told the NFL Network on Monday. "He told me that he said (to Newton) that 'the difference is you were running.' I think when you look at the tape it does look like Ed did say (the difference is you were running). I think that's where we are right now and we're just going to kind of move on from there."
"Cam was outside the pocket and he threw the ball on the run,Cheap MLB Jerseys, so there are different protections for a quarterback that is running outside the pocket versus in the pocket," Blandino said. "And outside the pocket you don't get the two-step protection and so when you look at the play,Wholesale NFL Jerseys USA, Cam threw on the run, there was some contact, it wasn't late and it wasn't a foul."
"The response that I got was, 'Cam, you're not old enough to get that call,'" Newton said at his postgame press conference Sunday. "I was looking at him like, 'I didn't think that you had to have seniority to get a personal foul or anything like that.' ... Heaven forbid he gets any rookies. They are going to have a long day man."
"It is one thing to be frustrated in a situation where you see a personal foul on an opposing quarterback get called," Newton said. "For me, when it is something around that same range and for that flag not to be called,Soccer Jerseys Cheap, I am ticked off."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 22:07 , Processed in 0.066704 second(s), 26 queries .