2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-13 10:42:09 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Yep, that's right. Move over Deion Sanders. You, too, Mike Haynes. Champ Bailey and Rod Woodson? Nope. Marshall thinks his New York Jets teammate tops them all.
Oh, and when asked what he thought of Marshall's statement that Revis is the best ever, fellow cornerback Antonio Cromartie didn't hesitate.
"You've got to go through a career and then get put in the Hall of Fame and measure it that way," Bowles said. "The things that Deion was able to do as a player — punt returning, kick returning, offense and the speed he had, the awareness he had — that's hard to be matched, in any era. Mike Haynes was before that, and I thought Mike was the best that ever played and he doesn't get talked about.
"It's a great compliment from Brandon," Revis said. "Played against him through our whole careers and we've had some battles. He's won some battles when we played against each other in the past and I've won some. I think it's just a mutual respect that we have for each other. Now we're teammates,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, and I never thought we'd be teammates in my wildest dreams.

"Ever."
"Now we get to compete against each other and I'm glad he's on my team because I don't have to look across the huddle and see that it's Brandon Marshall."
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) — Brandon Marshall has seen enough of Darrelle Revis to declare him the best cornerback in NFL history.
NOTES: S Antonio Allen went down with an Achilles injury at the end of practice and needed to be helped off the field. Bowles had no immediate word on the severity. ... DE Muhammad Wilkerson remains day-to-day with a tweaked hamstring. ... During his appearance on "First Take," Marshall discussed his relationship with Bears quarterback Jay Cutler, saying he was the only person on the team who had "the 'huevos' to hold (Cutler) accountable. It didn't go the way I wanted it to go." Marshall and Cutler were once close friends, but said they didn't speak much during the season and still haven't. "That is sad," said Marshall, who later insisted it would be the last time he'll address his time in Chicago.
It's a bold statement by Marshall,Wholesale NFL Jerseys 2018, who's entering his first season with the Jets but has faced Revis several times. One of the early highlights of training camp this summer has been watching Revis and Marshall go up against each other in 1-on-1 drills.
"Now, I never got a chance to go against Champ in his prime. I've always practiced against him,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale," said Marshall, who was teammates with Bailey in Denver from 2006-09. "Darrelle's really good at what he does. He's excellent at what he does. He's a technician. He's really crafty, and he's really smart. He works hard."
Then came the headline-making — and eyebrow-raising — money part of the quote:
But, in Bowles' mind, Sanders still holds the title of "best cornerback ever." At least, for now.
"If there can be another Megatron, it would be him," Revis said, referring to Detroit's Calvin Johnson. "I would put those two, (Marshall) and Calvin Johnson, in the same category of big, tall receivers, 6-5, 230-plus, and can run like a (smaller) skill player."
"True statement," Cromartie repeated with a big smile.
"True statement," he said.
Even better than Sanders?
Seattle's Richard Sherman,Blake Swihart Jersey, Arizona's Patrick Peterson and Cleveland's Joe Haden are all often mentioned along with Revis as the top cornerbacks today. Jets coach Todd Bowles was an NFL safety for eight years,Wholesale Jerseys USA, and has been coaching in the league since 2000, so he has seen a lot of great players come and go — some all the way to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Revis certainly has the credentials to be in the conversation. He's a six-time Pro Bowl selection and a four-time All-Pro pick, and his catchy nickname — "Revis Island" — is a tribute to the way he shuts down opposing wide receivers, stranding them downfield and out of the play.
"When I was growing up, Mike Haynes was one of the best I've ever seen," Bowles said. "But you can argue Deion, Revis, you can argue Sherman, Peterson. It all depends on who you're playing with and who you're going against. It's all relative."
"It's a good barbershop argument."
"It's an honor," Revis said of Marshall's comments. "I mean, I don't really have that many words for it. I know it's an honor and I appreciate it. People see your body of work and what you've done, and I've still got a lot of ways to go."
Marshall reiterated his comments after training camp practice later in the day, praising Revis' approach on the field — in games and at practice.
"I have been around great ones, practiced against Champ Bailey, Peanut Tillman," Marshall said on ESPN's "First Take" on Thursday. "Played against some great guys. I didn't play against Deion, but Revis is the best in the league."
Revis, feeling the love from Marshall, offered high praise to the playmaking wide receiver who has 773 catches for 9,Cheap Stitched Jerseys,771 yards and 65 touchdowns in nine seasons.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-7 04:09 , Processed in 0.067742 second(s), 28 queries .