2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-13 19:09:52 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"We recognize the incredible influence coaches can have on their players and how football can be used as an educational tool to affect change," Deana Garner, the NFL's director of player engagement and education, said. "To truly change a culture and behavior, and instill a personal accountability in living a life of character, you need to affect people when they are young."
"Your honor defines you as a man ... your virtue defines you as a man ... and your dignity defines you as a man."

Entitled "NFL Call To Coaches — Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Awareness,Discount Football Jerseys," the video includes strong messages from Seahawks coach Pete Carroll and Steelers coach Mike Tomlin; NFL football operations executive Troy Vincent; Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin; former player and coach Joe Ehrmann; and Mike Rowe, the coach at Rocori High School in Minnesota.
Educational programming at league and youth football events is planned, including a December summit for 50 high school football coaches that will take place at the Pop Warner Super Bowl in Orlando.
The video is the latest step in the NFL's attempts to deal with domestic violence and abuse issues that drew headlines in the cases of Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson. University administrators are among those consulted by the league on revisions to its personal conduct policy and other policies.
"We need to do what is right. I think that is a good approach in life to take, not only with domestic violence, but many things involving children or nuclear families. I think we all should embrace this platform we have, the responsibility we have with being leaders in our community, in our cities, and obviously hopefully evoke positive change."
He leads his players through an exercise in which they take turns reading actual police reports of incidents of domestic violence or sexual assault. As the reality of these scenarios sinks in,Wholesale Jerseys USA, each player takes a pledge that: "This will not be me."
"All those things, those situations, happen all the time in our society. You have to understand we have to respect all women,Cheap Jerseys Wholesale, it starts with you. You can control the hallways, you can control what happens at a party or a dance.
"I think that since the beginning of time sport has been an awesome vehicle for societal change and awareness," Tomlin said. "I have never been afraid to openly discuss things that could be highly sensitive or emotionally charged. When you have that attitude, you provide an opportunity for yourself to grow and maybe learn something.
Rowe's portion of the video is most powerful. The coach at the Cold Springs, Minnesota, school regularly engages in conversations with his players about character building and life skills.
NEW YORK (AP) — The NFL sent a 17-minute video Wednesday to high school and college coaches nationwide to encourage them to be aware of and act against domestic violence and abuse,Wholesale Jerseys China.
More long-term plans will focus on expanding existing educational programming and awareness efforts, including age-appropriate character development; healthy relationship education, as well as dating/domestic violence,Cheap NFL Football Jerseys, child abuse, and sexual assault education for those who play, coach, or manage the game in college, high school and youth football programs.
The video is being distributed to high school football coaches by USA Football,Jerseys From China, the national governing body for the sport; the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS), who will distribute it to high schools and coaches of a variety of sports; the American Football Coaches Association (AFCA) to its network of coaches; and the High School Player Development program (HSPD) to its network of high school coaches.
"I am a football coach, but I am an educator first," Rowe said. "You have an opportunity for the three to four hours of a day you have with a kid to make a difference.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 10:15 , Processed in 0.065711 second(s), 26 queries .