2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-14 01:49:23 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Carpenter, who grew up around Indianapolis Motor Speedway and knows all about the trouble rain can cause for Indy cars, worried when it rained twice during the morning. The showers moved out just long enough to allow two of the city's biggest athletes to make the 10-minute drive to Anderson University.
The only real problem was weather.
"I've heard what he's doing and this might be his best yet," Christensen said before the arrival.
Wayne said he has been medically cleared to practice, but doctors and coaches have been cautious about pushing him with workouts set to begin Thursday. The Colts will spend most of camp in Anderson until Aug. 13,Cheap Soccer Jerseys, and Wayne is eager to get back on the field.

"My objective is to be out there the first game," he said before taking a playful jab at coach Chuck Pagano,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, who said last month he'd need security to keep Wayne off the field. "I do have my boxing gloves for Coach Pagano so we may have to duke it out."
As for his ride, well, it was the talk of camp.
Offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton, quarterbacks coach Clyde Christensen and backup quarterback Matt Hasselbeck all lined up at the edge of the players' parking lot to catch a glimpse of what they already knew was coming.
The perennial Pro Bowl receiver hitched a ride to training camp Wednesday with two-time Indianapolis 500 pole winner Ed Carpenter to deliver one clear message: The team that starts fast and finishes strong the most times is going to win the Super Bowl race.
It was a perfect pairing.
His intention was to demonstrate that Indy had to rid itself of the early-game struggles from 2013 and ease the late-game pressure on Andrew Luck, who already has 11 fourth-quarter wins in just two seasons.
ANDERSON, Ind. (AP) — Reggie Wayne wants the Colts to live this season in the fast lane.
Reporters also wondered whether the race car was intended to prove that he also has regained his wheels after nearly nine months of rehab,Cheap Jerseys.
Wayne's choice of transportation also came with a point -- everything from dreaming big to being a work in progress to taking care of one another's backs.
Wayne called it his favorite entrance.
Carpenter, an Indy native and longtime Colts' fan, drove the car in his familiar green-and-white Fuzzy's Vodka driving suit. Wayne was in the backseat in a blue-and-white fire suit and decorated his white racing helmet with a blue horseshoe and the number 87 across the back.
Carpenter, a longtime Colts fan, knows all about fast starts. He won the last two Indy poles with four-lap averages of 231 mph and 229 mph.
Wayne is no stranger to splashy entrances. A year ago, he flew to camp in an Indiana University Health Lifeline helicopter with a young man who was recovering from a serious farm accident. Two years ago, Wayne dressed in camouflage fatigues as part of a military convoy. Before that, he came in a dump truck,NFL Jerseys China, a bus and another time shared a taxi with close friend and former teammate Edgerrin James. Heck, he even showed up in 2006 wearing James' new jersey after the Colts' career rushing leader signed with Arizona in free agency.
But with Wayne entering the final year of his contract and trying to return from a torn ACL at age 35, this year's symbolism was understandably mixed.
"I think it's meant to come out fast,Brett Favre Falcons Jersey UK, to have a sense of urgency," Wayne said after climbing out of the two-seat Indy car that revved its engines at every stop light during the 4 1/2-mile drive across town. "This is one way for us to come out with a motto for the team."
"I guess you can look at it like that," he said with a smile. "I do feel good, and hopefully I'll come out and pick up where I left off."
"I'm glad we got to do it,Tyson Jackson Falcons Jersey," Carpenter said. "He didn't seem nervous at all. I think he felt a little awkward and uncomfortable in the suit, but I told him I'd feel awkward and uncomfortable in his suit, too."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-6-9 07:03 , Processed in 0.076435 second(s), 26 queries .