2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-14 05:28:38 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"I think we're all about taking advantage of mismatches, but any time you could add someone of Peppers' caliber to the line, who gets after the quarterback and has a proven sack record, it definitely helps,Cheap NHL Jerseys," Matthews said. "At the same time, the same is expected of me no matter where I'm at in the line, whether it's left, right, in the middle."
Notes: Lang (right shoulder) was limited again in practice. McCarthy said he wasn't worried about his starting right guard. "Coaches and the trainers just want to take it slow right now," Lang said. ... LB Nick Perry (foot and knee) and LB-DE Mike Neal (abdomen) remained spectators at practice. ... Players are off Tuesday, the first off day of camp.
Just to be clear, though, this is no fad defense where Peppers will primarily be used to cover the flat.
Good thing Green Bay's front five only has to go up against Peppers in practice now.
"Well, that was one of the things that attracted me to coming," Peppers said. "A chance to stand up, move around, drop, rush, play in different positions — was one of the things that made me want to come here in the first place."
The eight-time Pro Bowler is spending his first training camp in Titletown after joining the Packers as a free agent in the offseason following four seasons with the division rival Chicago Bears. The lure of playing in a 3-4 defense that also features linebacker Clay Matthews helped lure Peppers north to Green Bay.

"It is a new challenge and I'm looking forward to not only proving to myself that I can do it, but proving to the outsiders who don't think I can do it," Peppers said Monday after the Packers practiced in pads for the first time.
When last seen at Lambeau Field on Nov. 4, Peppers was wreaking havoc on a Packers offense that had just lost quarterback Aaron Rodgers to a collarbone injury. He picked off a short pass by backup quarterback Seneca Wallace, and later sacked Wallace to help snap Chicago's six-game losing streak to Green Bay with a 27-20 win.
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — Standing a sturdy 6-foot-7,Wholesale Stitched Jerseys, Packers pass rusher Julius Peppers poses an imposing sight to opposing linemen even without pads.
He became a salary cap casualty in Chicago, which may explain Peppers' need to prove himself again in his 13th NFL season.
"He's here to go toward the quarterback, we all understand that,Jerseys Cheap Wholesale," McCarthy said. "But when he does drop he has great ability and range."
For the Packers, Peppers punches up a defense that lacked enough playmakers last season,2018 Nike Air Max 97, especially with Matthews sidelined for much of the year with a right thumb injury. The long-haired linebacker is a full participant again in camp following a second surgery in the offseason.
The ideal scenario for coach Mike McCarthy might find Peppers and Matthews charging from opposite ends of the line to get the quarterback, though don't expect Matthews and Peppers to just remain on one side or the other. The first few days of camp has the duo moving around the field, one of McCarthy's tweaks to a defense that sagged in the second half in 2013.
It's something he didn't do much while with the Bears. But Peppers said he's getting more comfortable with the task — it's just a matter of adjusting to the learning curve in a different scheme.
"Well,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, it's not about really proving anybody wrong. It's about accomplishing some personal goals, one of which being is winning a world championship. That's the main thing," Peppers said.
One who has 118 1/2 sacks since entering the league in 2002, ranked 17th in NFL history. But Peppers recorded just seven sacks last season, the fewest for him since 2007.
"Just the physical stature that Julius has,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, I mean that alone is intimidating enough for an offense," right guard T.J. Lang said. "Every time you look at the guy, you're just as equally impressed as the first time you've seen him. He's just a freak."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-15 09:24 , Processed in 0.059892 second(s), 26 queries .