2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-14 20:48:11 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
The Broncos gained the financial flexibility to address their tight end position when Manning accepted a $4 million pay cut last week. Elway said he didn't believe there were any hard feelings as a result of the revised contract with his quarterback.
The Broncos placed their $12.8 million franchise tag on Demaryius Thomas, who could choose to skip offseason workouts as a result.
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — With Julius Thomas about to hit pay dirt elsewhere, the Denver Broncos needed a better blocker and cheaper option,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, and coach Gary Kubiak knew just the guy.
Daniels' $1 million, one-year deal in 2014 was one of the NFL's better bargains. With a hip injury sidelining Dennis Pitta, Daniels caught 48 passes for 527 yards and four touchdowns in helping the Ravens return to the playoffs.
Kubiak said he sat down with general manager John Elway three weeks ago to map out free agency and Daniels' name quickly came up. He said he told Elway, "You know,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, John, you can look at the film and judge for yourself. But I can tell you two things: he's going to give you everything he has and he wants to win a championship. And that's the type of player you want on your football team."
Kubiak helped Owens' comeback in 2014 and now Owens is returning the favor.
"It's kind of an ideal situation," Daniels said.
Thomas caught a dozen TD passes for the second straight season last year in Denver but he was limited over the last half of the season by an ankle injury and has never played 16 games in any of his four seasons.
"This is a great,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, great start these last two days," Kubiak said Wednesday. "We know what type of kid we're getting and what type of teammate the locker room is getting. He's been a fine player for me. And I know he's got a lot left in him."
"Those discussions are always hard. But it went fine, and Peyton was good through the whole thing," Elway said. "It's just not an easy thing to do. But that's the business part of it, the other side that we have to deal with. We got through that and everything's fine. I talked to Peyton and he's ready to go."
Manning might not have his top target when the new offense is installed this spring, however.
Even though Baltimore is thin at tight end and Pitta's return is uncertain, Daniels said the Ravens didn't make a big push to keep him: "Not as much as I thought they would. They came late with an offer, but it was after I had already committed to come here."
Fueling him this year,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale, he said, is the chance to mentor Denver's younger tight ends and adjust to a new offense that's "a little mashup of what Kube does and what Peyton does."
Daniels was off to a terrific start in 2013 with two dozen receptions and three TDs when he broke his right leg in Houston's fifth game.
The two-time Pro Bowler said the icing was the chance to play with Peyton Manning,Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys, whom he said reached out to him Tuesday with an invitation to his annual passing camp at Duke University.
"I talked to Demaryius yesterday. He's in a great frame of mind," Kubiak said. "That's part of the business. I think he understands that. But he's got a bright future with this organization. I think he knows that and everybody knows that. And I'm just looking forward to him — and us — just getting back to work."
Owen Daniels, of course.
While Thomas was agreeing to a five-year, $46 million deal with the Jaguars, the Broncos re-signed tight end Virgil Green for $7.5 million over three years and then agreed to terms with Daniels on a three-year deal worth about $12 million.
Daniels has played for Kubiak his entire NFL career. He spent eight seasons with him in Houston and followed him to Baltimore last year when Kubiak was hired as the Ravens' offensive coordinator following his firing as the Texans' head coach.
As soon as Kubiak was named the Broncos head coach, Owens said he knew he wanted to follow him once again.
"I looked at it like I got a lot of rest that year. Other people looked at it as 'This guy's probably done,NFL Jerseys China,'" Daniels said. "So, that was definitely some motivation."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 12:26 , Processed in 0.072539 second(s), 26 queries .