2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-15 01:01:51 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
No, it wasn't the latest teen-slasher horror flick. It was last Sunday's game.
After finishing No. 32 in rushing defense in 2014, the Browns spent the offseason trying to plug holes up front. They drafted nose tackle Danny Shelton with the 12th overall pick and two other defenders in the first three rounds. Cleveland signed free agent end Randy Starks and re-signed lineman John Hughes to an extension.
"I have to put guys in position to make the play," he said. "I like where we're going. I'm confident in our players. I'm confident in myself. I'm confident in our coaches. I'm not willing to say that we're not going to be a good defense or we're not going to stop the run. I know the first three weeks are what they are. We're moving ahead, and we're looking forward to San Diego."
"It's that simple."
He's determined to get things fixed,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, and understands that in a statistics driven sport, the numbers don't look good at this point.
"I don't want to get into it or come off as a coach as 'Hey, it's not the scheme; it's the players,'" Pettine said.
Kruger has been surprised by the defense's poor start. But there are highs and lows to every season, and he's confident the Browns can clean up their defensive mess.
Touted as one of the team's strengths, the Browns are allowing an NFL-worst 158.3 yards rushing per game and Oakland had a 300-yard passer, 100-yard runner and a 100-yard receiver while rolling up 469 total yards in its 27-20 win.
The 30-year-old Whitner fanned on some tackles against the Raiders, including on a short pass by Derek Carr that turned into a 55-yard gain.
BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Browns linebacker Paul Kruger recently saw an unsettling film filled with shocking, ghastly moments.
Browns coach Mike Pettine counted 14 missed tackles last week,NFL Jerseys Clearance, but Cleveland's issues go much deeper than not wrapping up and bringing down ball carriers.
Kruger and his defensive teammates had to sit through the videotape breakdown of their loss to the Oakland Raiders last week, when one Cleveland defender after another missed tackles.

"It's hard to watch," he said.
NOTES: Browns offensive coordinator John DeFilippo said the team has a package of plays for backup QB Johnny Manziel that they could spring on the Chargers.  "We may use them and we may not," he said. ... DeFilippo said WR Dwayne Bowe had his best day of practice Wednesday. Bowe has only played in one game and has yet to catch a pass. The Browns signed him to a 2-year, $12.5 million deal with $9 million guaranteed in March.
"I think it all needs to be better. There were times when we did have a guy at the point of attack,Wholesale China Jerseys, we needed to make a play and we didn't. There could be some other things where you could point to scheme-wise, but I don't want to sit here and make that statement. I think across the board, playing and coaching needs to be better."
As the team prepared for this week's game at San Diego, Browns defensive coordinator Jim O'Neil said inconsistency has been the unit's biggest issue so far.
"I've missed a few tackles," he said Thursday. "I see a lot of people writing me off as being old, and this and that and want me replaced and all these things,China NFL Jerseys, but I accept the criticism. Being the leader of this defense, it's OK. We're going to fix it. There are a lot of things that are easily correctible."
Cleveland's defense has not been pleasing to the eyes through three games this season.
Whitner knows he has been the target of criticism, and he acknowledged he's been "up and down." But the 10-year veteran isn't ducking from blame.
They've devoted the resources — Sportrac,Jerseys Wholesale, which charts team's spending, says the Browns have devoted a league-high 45 percent of its payroll ($62 million) to its defense — but they're not getting the results.
One of the defensive players struggling most is safety Donte Whitner, who isn't living up to his "Hitner" nickname.
"I think coach O'Neil's doing a good job of changing up the packages, putting us in good situations. But the mindset,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, when it comes to tackling, that's really on the players. We just got to go out there and hit the guy and get him on the ground.
"It is disappointing. It definitely weighs on you," he said. "As a player you got a lot of pressure, negative energies that really try to creep into your mind and it happens, you experience that. We are making those changes.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 09:32 , Processed in 0.065741 second(s), 26 queries .