2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-15 01:50:48 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"Here's my job, this is my responsibility and my duty, really: I've got to continue to progress the young quarterback that's got 16 games under his belt," Mornhinweg said Wednesday. "That has to happen."
And it's offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg's task to make it all work.

"We just have to get Michael Vick playing at the high level that he played at in the past within this system," Mornhinweg said. "So,cheap nfl jerseys, he needs some reps."
"We are extremely deep at that spot," Mornhinweg said. "So we've got more than a handful of guys that can play at a high level."
Last season,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, Smith threw 12 touchdown passes and 21 interceptions after being thrust into the starting job when Mark Sanchez was lost for the season with a shoulder injury. Cutting down on the turnovers has been the major focus since December. Quarterbacks coach David Lee has worked closely with Smith, who is getting rid of the ball a lot faster than he was at any point a year ago.
"Things can change, as you know," Mornhinweg said. "They'll start out very similarly. Geno has gotten, and he'll get about, let's say 70-75 percent of the reps with the 1's. Geno, I'll get him a couple reps there with the second group as well."
Running back Chris Johnson is expected to be ready to go when training camp opens after recovering from offseason knee surgery. Chris Ivory rolled an ankle Wednesday, but Ryan said it was nothing serious. If healthy, Johnson and Ivory could form one of the league's most lethal backfield duos.
"I could see Marty being real creative with this group," Ryan said.
David Nelson and Jacoby Ford are two veterans vying for spots, while youngsters Greg Salas, Clyde Gates,Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys, Michael Campbell and Saalim Hakim and draft picks Jalen Saunders, Shaq Evans and Quincy Enunwa are also in the mix.
"Very confident, very sure of himself with each play."
"Last year about this time ... things were spinning on him a little bit, which was certainly anticipated," Mornhinweg said. "We started our offseason, he's got the bull by the horns (and) he's driving it. Quite different that way.
"We've got four to five guys total that I know can play at a real high level, that will catch the ball consistently,Wholesale NBA Jerseys, will separate consistently," Mornhinweg said. "We have three to four guys who can really run. I mean fast, fast. ... Then we have another handful of guys, many of them young players that have shown some things where, this is going to be a heck of a competition here for some roster spots and some playing time and being able to help our football team."
"That's when you really know how much better he's gotten when you get to the ballgames."
And, if it was, everyone has gotten enough clues by now to solve it.
That's why, despite Vick's extensive experience and familiarity with Mornhinweg's offense, Smith is getting the bulk of the work with the starting offense in minicamp and will continue to do so in training camp in late July.
But if Smith struggles or is injured, Mornhinweg is counting on Vick — who thrived under him during their four seasons together in Philadelphia — to be able to step in seamlessly and lead the offense.
While no one who has a say in the decision-making process has come right out and said it, it has become very clear that Geno Smith is the starting quarterback and Michael Vick is the backup. Today, tomorrow and next month.
From what Mornhinweg has seen, he believes that could end up being the case.
"He's thrown a couple of interceptions since OTAs and hadn't thrown any in minicamp,Wholesale NFL Jerseys," Lee said. "Of course, it's not 82,000 (fans) out there and nine million people watching on television. And that's really where you've got to evaluate a quarterback is in those games.
"We need to get Chris Johnson on the field," Mornhinweg said. "He needs some reps, certainly, but it is going to be exciting. At least I'm excited."
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) — The New York Jets' quarterback situation is no mystery.
It's not a major revelation,NFL Jerseys Cheap, especially after Mornhinweg recently acknowledged that the snaps wouldn't be equal between the two quarterbacks — confirming Vick's assertion that it wasn't necessarily an "open competition." The two will continue to compete, of course, with Smith getting the chance to end any debate with a solid showing this summer.
Both Smith and Vick are getting used to a revamped wide receiver corps, which has Eric Decker, Jeremy Kerley and a host of others trying to earn roster spots. That might be where the real competition is with the Jets — not with the guys throwing the football, but the guys catching it.
Coach Rex Ryan is also intrigued by a promising group of tight ends, including Jeff Cumberland, second-round pick Jace Amaro and the developing Zach Sudfeld.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 07:19 , Processed in 0.069954 second(s), 26 queries .