2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-16 02:22:20 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"He's the guy I try to get up every day and model," Edwards said. "Every single day. We all know he had an insane work ethic, and no one will ever question my work ethic. ... You always felt like he wanted you to succeed, but he wasn't going to let you off the hook without doing it exactly the right way."
Edwards said he will "aggressively build on that foundation" laid by O'Connor, but he said he won't have specific plans in place until he's been on the job for a few months. He said his NFL days — including the 1991 Redskins championship season when he was defensive co-captain — have helped him prepare for what lies ahead.
"She would accuse me of it,CHeap NFL Jerseys China," said the 48-year-old former safety,NHL Jerseys China, who then recounted the recent late nights in his transition from AD at Jacksonville, a job he's had since 2012, to his new position with the Patriots, which officially begins July 1 when Tom O'Connor retires.
Edwards pointed at his wife, Marlana, and laughed.
O'Connor helped make George Mason a national name, but this is a time of transition throughout the athletic department. The three most visible leaders during the basketball team's Final Four run in 2006 — coach Jim Larranaga, President Alan Merten and O'Connor — have moved on, and the Patriots this fall will begin their second season in the Atlantic 10.
So does that mean, Edwards was asked, that he will be sleeping in his office — as Gibbs so infamously did while winning NFL titles as the Redskins coach?
"You're in an incredibly insane pressure situation,Cheap NBA Jerseys China," Edwards said. "I had to call audibles. I ran the huddle. I think being in that leadership position, under those kinds of standards, I think that forges in you a sense of an ability to operate, to juggle a lot of things, which you have to do as an AD."
While football won't be played, Edwards will use it to playing the fundraising game, having retained Redskins connections in the area. It didn't take long Monday for the stories from his playing days to start flowing, including the time he tried to ignore longtime defensive coordinator Richie Petitbon.
GMU doesn't play the sport that made Edwards famous. His arrival doesn't mean the university plans to add football anytime soon,Soccer World Cup Jerseys.
"He kept calling a seven-man blitz when we were playing the Falcons, and they keep putting Deion Sanders in the slot, which means I'm having to cover Deion Sanders,Cheap Jerseys Online," Edwards said. "So I keep waving off the call,Jerseys From China, and he's cussing at me, like, 'Make the call!' And I go to the sidelines and I said, 'What do I have to explain to you? The NFL's fastest man. Slow safety. Do you want to ruin my career?'"
"The financial numbers of football are very tough," President Angel Cabrera said. "And in a context where student affordability is at stake, where newspapers around the country are holding our feet to the fire and are bringing up questions about tuition and student fees ... (and) the fact that student loans right now are the highest they've ever been, in that context to add something to the university that would put affordability at risk is something in the current context we just cannot contemplate."
FAIRFAX, Va. (AP) — More than two decades after winning a Super Bowl ring with the Washington Redskins, Brad Edwards is back in the neighborhood as the new athletic director at George Mason — and is still, after all these years, trying to emulate Joe Gibbs.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 00:02 , Processed in 0.116010 second(s), 34 queries .