主題

帖子

2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2017-12-17 03:50:55 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"It was difficult in the beginning learning coverages and concepts,Wholesale NFL Jerseys," Chickillo said. "Once I got it,Nike Air Max 97 Australia, I feel like I got it."
In any way possible. While Murphy will continue to see the field as a receiver on Saturday when the Steelers play in Buffalo, he pulled a quick change in practice on Wednesday. During one sequence Murphy switched out his No. 16 for a No. 5 and spent several series as the scout team quarterback in an attempt to mimic Buffalo's Tyrod Taylor.
And while that might one day be true, Murphy also understands if he wants to have any shot of sticking around with the Steelers in any capacity he needs to put his ego in his pocket and a pair of wide receiver gloves on.
Apparently, however, it is coming. Tomlin said Thursday there is a chance Murphy could see time at quarterback in the exhibition finale against Carolina next week, when the closest Roethlisberger will get to the field will likely come during the opening coin toss.
"I've gotten the chance to watch a lot of veteran guys, whether it's (Antonio Brown) or Ben," Murphy said. "I've tried to take whatever they've given me and make the most of it."
It was equal parts thrilling and weird
Or just another first-year player trying to land a job,NFL Jerseys From China. Making it in the NFL is hard enough. Murphy is trying to do it while learning a new position and trying to hold on to an old one.
Particularly not for tweeners like Murphy — who has never played receiver in his life — or sixth-round draft pick Anthony Chickillo, who is transitioning from defensive tackle to outside linebacker in hopes of becoming the third generation of Chickillos to make an NFL roster.
"I thought I was going to play in the NFL since I was 7," Chickillo said.
Chickillo has a foot in the door. Stepping through it is another matter.
"I thought maybe I'd get pulled back to the QB room, get my shot there but coaches didn't see it that way," Murphy said. "I didn't get that shot yet."
That's fine by Murphy, who understands the delicate numbers at work. He's no higher than fourth on the depth chart at quarterback and nearly as buried at wide receiver, a group that figures to have five spots already sewn up. There is little wiggle room and yet Murphy insists he's at ease.
"I still consider myself a quarterback," Murphy said. "I feel like I can still execute there at a high level."
Making the roster seems like a long shot, though Chickillo remains confident. He always assumed he'd follow in the footsteps of his father Tony — a defensive lineman for two teams in the 1980s — and his grandfather Nick,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, who spent a season with the Chicago Cardinals in 1953.
Murphy appears to be making inroads. The former Florida and Boston College quarterback hauled in a 22-yard touchdown pass from Landry Jones in the fourth quarter of a comeback 24-19 preseason victory over Green Bay on Sunday, the first time Murphy can remember reaching the end zone on a play that didn't begin with him handling the snap.
Given a choice, the Pittsburgh Steelers rookie would rather have a lower number, maybe one with a single digit. You know, the kind the guys who line up behind center wear.
"I'm a slash kind of guy I guess,Cheap NFL Jerseys," Murphy said.
PITTSBURGH (AP) — The No. 16 jersey and what it ultimately signifies for Tyler Murphy fits just fine and all. It's just not the one he would prefer to wear.
It was a courtesy more than anything, at least for now. Murphy admits he hoped his role would change when veteran backup Bruce Gradkowski was lost for the season with an injury to his  left hand  Instead the Steelers signed Michael Vick to compete against Jones for the right to sit behind Ben Roethlisberger.
NOTES: Tomlin said there's a chance All-Pro C Maurkice Pouncey will return later this season. Pouncey is out indefinitely after undergoing surgery on his left ankle Monday. ... DE Stephon Tuitt (ankle) is out on Saturday but LB Lawrence Timmons (foot) and S Mike Mitchell (sprained right ankle) could play.
"It's always good to get on the field and help yourself out," Murphy said.

Chickillo's challenge hasn't been quite as complex but no less daunting. He played four years on the defensive line at Miami before the Steelers took him with the 212th overall pick in the draft and told him he was moving to outside linebacker. For a player never asked to go and chase tight ends or running backs on pass routes before, the initial adjustment was a shock to the system.
Now comes the hard part: showing it. Chickillo made an impression early in training camp but now finds himself behind at least eight other linebackers. He has three tackles during the preseason but remains very much a project even with tutors like James Harrison in the room,Cheap Jerseys From China.
"There's no easy route I guess," he said.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 19:18 , Processed in 0.086315 second(s), 23 queries .