帖子

2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2017-12-17 09:28:08 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
But this is about more than numbers.
"I've got to improve. There are no excuses," Luck said Wednesday. "I do realize at the end of the game, you're trying to make something happen and sometimes stuff bounces the wrong way.
The two-time Heisman Trophy runner-up and 2012 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year has won 11 or more games in five consecutive seasons and hadn't lost back-to-back games from 2010 until the second week of the 2014 season.
Notes: Indy's two starting cornerbacks,Cheap NBA Jerseys China, Vontae Davis (concussion) and Greg Toler (neck), both did light work in Wednesday's practice. So did outside linebacker Robert Mathis, who has been kept on a pitch count as he returns from a torn left Achilles tendon. ... Tight end Dwayne Allen (left ankle), left guard Lance Louis (shoulder) and Indy's No. 3 cornerback, Darius Butler (hip), all sat out Wednesday. ... Outside linebacker Jonathan Newsome returned to the field after missing Monday's game with an injured hamstring. ... Receiver Andre Johnson didn't practice because he was given an extra day of rest. ... Indy released offensive lineman David Arkin from the practice squad and re-signed cornerback Eric Patterson.
Now, suddenly, the guy dubbed the league's best young quarterback has come under heavy scrutiny for Indy's slow start.
"He doesn't need to clarify any comments that are misconstrued," he said. "I think I know where I stand in his mind. I think he knows that I respect the heck out of him. Great coach. Love everything about him as a man, as a coach."
Just two years ago, the Colts were among the NFL's best at protecting the ball and avoiding penalties.
It's a strange spot for Luck, who has almost always been surrounded by success.
Clearly, Luck has played a part in what's gone wrong.
But he can help get his team out of this funk — and Luck knows it's going to take everyone to get it right.
Regardless of the perceptions off the field, the Colts need a quick fix.
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Andrew Luck blames himself for the Colts' early woes and believes he's the one most responsible for finding the solution.
"The fumble, the interceptions, I have direct control on what happens with the ball. As a quarterback you do, it's in your hands. I haven't made the best decisions and missed some throws."
Since 1990, only three 0-3 teams have made the playoffs — the last being Buffalo in 1998. The Colts can avoid that hole by winning Sunday at Tennessee (1-1).
Luck also is ranked No. 34 in NFL passer rating (58.9), and while those numbers are skewed because of the small sample size, his numbers over the past nine games, which included last season's playoffs, aren't much better. He's 184 of 331 for 2,Cheap Jerseys China,010 yards with 12 TDs, 14 interceptions and overall rating of 68.17 over that span.
Teammates know there's more to it than just Luck.
"It's not ever on one guy,China Jerseys Cheap, it's a team sport," right tackle Jack Mewhort said. "That's the attitude you want your quarterback to take and that's an awesome mentality, but it's not an individual sport."
Of course, it's not just Luck's fault.
After Monday's loss, Pagano called on the Colts (0-2) to make better decisions and cut down the turnovers — a not-so-subtle jab at his quarterback, who is spending this week working on corrections.
He leads the league with five interceptions and his six total giveaways are more than 30 of the other 31 teams in the league. San Diego also has six.
This season,Cheap Soccer Jerseys, they're last in turnover margin at minus-7 and the 11 penalties against New York were every bit as costly as the turnovers.
"We've got to get better as a team," running back Frank Gore said, who fumbled away one scoring chance Monday at the goal line. "We've got to stop hurting ourselves with penalties and we've also got to take care of the ball."
Two days after throwing three interceptions and losing a fumble in a 20-7 loss to the New York Jets,Cheap Jerseys Wholesale, Luck walked into the locker room, quickly brushed off critical postgame comments from coach Chuck Pagano and acknowledged Indianapolis' turnaround begins with him.
Indy has struggled in pass protection, hasn't gotten its running game off the ground, hasn't been able to get its defense off the field consistently and has had way too many drive-killing penalties.
Luck didn't take offense.

"We realize that we've got to play cleaner," Luck said. "We've got to play sharper,cheap jerseys elite, and we've got to get points on the board if we want to have a legitimate, consistent chance at winning."
Luck knows he can't continue to force throws, make bad decisions or try doing too much if he's going to rally the Colts as he has done many times before.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 10:06 , Processed in 0.085508 second(s), 23 queries .