主題

帖子

2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2017-12-17 17:37:53 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) — Detroit rookie Nevin Lawson has enough to worry about before his first preseason game,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys, so he isn't too caught up in all the hoopla about Johnny Manziel.
Detroit's first-round pick — tight end Eric Ebron — has been dealing with an undisclosed injury. He stood on the sideline in a baseball hat Thursday while his teammates were practicing.
"See how they match up with the speed of this league, with a different team other than our own."
"Just be yourself and when you're out there, just handle what you can handle,Supply NFL Jerseys Factory," Lawson said. "Control what you can control."
Lawson may be under more pressure. After losing veterans Chris Houston and Louis Delmas,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, Detroit's secondary is a concern heading into the season. The Lions didn't address that area in the draft until they took Lawson in the fourth round. The cornerback from Utah State can give Detroit a major lift if he progresses quickly enough.
The 24-year-old linebacker has a chance to give the defense an immediate boost after the Lions took him in the second round,NFL Jerseys Cheap. Van Noy figures being a rookie is actually a benefit at times.
"I think he's a great player," Van Noy said. "I've seen him on TV. He makes some spectacular plays."
Manziel is not expected to start Saturday, but his debut will be one of the most anticipated moments of the NFL preseason. Lawson and Van Noy may have a chance to line up against him for a few plays.
Although Manziel — the former Heisman Trophy winner drafted in the first round by Cleveland this year — will be in the spotlight when the Lions host the Browns on Saturday night, every rookie on the field is going to be under some amount of scrutiny.
"You're expected to fail, almost," he said. "You're going in with the mindset that you've got to improve every time you get to step on the field. That's another chance I get to improve,Jerseys Wholesale, that's how I look at that. ... I'm getting more reps, I'm getting more practice, I'm getting thrown in the fire and that's what I want."
For first-year players such as Lawson, this is a chance to look the part of an NFL contributor.
NOTES: Caldwell said Calvin Johnson had an excused absence from practice Thursday. Caldwell said he expects Johnson to be available for Saturday's game, but he did not say whether the star receiver would play. ... Detroit signed veteran CB Drayton Florence before practice. Florence started five games for Carolina last season. He started three for the Lions the previous season.
The key in the opening preseason game is to make a positive impression without trying to do too much — with so many substitutions, pretty much every player will be dealing with limited opportunities.
If Ebron is limited, the most anticipated debut among Detroit's rookies Thursday would probably be that of Kyle Van Noy.

"The big thing we're trying to do is see if they can get lined up properly and execute their techniques properly, making certain if they're on defense, how well they tackle, how well they run to the ball," Lions coach Jim Caldwell said.
"I'm just excited because it's my first NFL football game,Authentic China Jerseys, more than anything," Lawson said. "It's just another opponent. This is my first time in an NFL game, so I'm more excited for myself."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 17:46 , Processed in 0.076946 second(s), 23 queries .