2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-17 18:43:17 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Woodson,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, who will turn 39 in October, has been able to play longer than most. The only defensive back to start a game at age 39 or older is Hall of Famer Darrell Green, who played until he was 42.
Woodson truly did begin his career in what seems like a different era after being drafted fourth overall by the Raiders in 1998,Cheap Jerseys. New rules are in place limiting practice time and contact as the league has adjusted because concerns about concussions and other injuries.

"I tell these guys all the time that when I first came in, practices were a lot different," he said Friday. "You put the pads on more. Guys had to bang a lot more and you were putting on the pads twice a day. Training camps are a lot different these days. For me, I find it hard to come out here and complain about practicing when it's not how it used to be."
The Raiders haven't been that way since Woodson returned in 2013. The team has a 7-25 record in his second stint with the franchise and he is intent on helping get it back to the level it had early in his career when the Raiders won three straight division titles and went to the Super Bowl.
Woodson played all 16 games last season and was on the field for a team-high 1,100 snaps, according to STATS LLC. He led the Raiders with 160 tackles, including 105 solo, and four interceptions. He had nine passes defensed,Wholesale Jerseys, one fumble recovery and one sack.
NOTES: Del Rio gave DE Justin Tuck the day off. ,Cheap NFL Jerseys 2018... DT Stacy McGee returned from the PUP list. ... FB Jamize Olawale and RT Menelik Watson remain sidelined.
"It's pressure, man," he said. "Trying to do the right things, man. Trying to say the right things. I do my best. When I came in, I was, you could say, hard-headed. Young guys now are the same way. For those guys, you just hope that they can understand earlier better than later, because you don't know how long you're going to be able to play this game before you ever get it."
Woodson did not miss a single offseason practice for the first time he could remember and has been on the field each day in training camp as the Oakland Raiders try to end a 12-year playoff drought that began in Woodson's first stint with the franchise.
Woodson talked about the example Brown set on how to be a professional back when he was a young player. The two played six years together and Brown has been out of the league for 10 more seasons, but Woodson keeps playing.
NAPA, Calif. (AP) — Charles Woodson is showing few signs of slowing down even at age 38.
"Our team is so young, when a guy like that has so much experience and knowledge and you see him out there,Cheap Jerseys From China, working with the guys, coaching them up, still making plays, still diving around, catching the ball, it's just amazing," Norton said. "The NFL average is three years and he's on 18, that's extraordinary. Having him on the team is just a blessing. He's awesome. If we had a team full of Charles Woodsons, we'd be pretty good."
"I think it's been great," he said. "I think in some key positions where we've added people, you add talented guys that can be potential game-breakers for you. That's what you need in this game. You need some guys that can go out there and perhaps take the game over at any given moment. I think we have a few guys like that."
While former teammate Tim Brown gets set for his Hall of Fame induction and most of his contemporaries are long done with their NFL careers, Woodson is preparing for his 18th NFL season with the enthusiasm of a much younger player.
Defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr., whose career overlapped with Woodson for three seasons, said he is impressed at the energy Woodson still brings all those years later.
Woodson is hopeful that a new coaching staff led by former players like head Jack Del Rio and Norton and offseason additions like receivers Amari Cooper and Michael Crabtree,Wholesale Adidas Hockey Jerseys, center Rodney Hudson, defensive tackle Dan Williams, linebacker Curtis Lofton and safety Nate Allen can help speed that process.
Now he is the respected veteran dishing out advice to young players.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 12:34 , Processed in 0.079167 second(s), 26 queries .