3萬

帖子

10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2017-12-17 19:26:54 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
‘All ah we know the man’(By Mondale Smith) Geoffrey Phillips, aka ‘the Mighty Rebel’ had stayed out of the National Calypso competition last year for what he dubbed “my own reasons” but calypso lovers are guaranteed to see him in top form when he takes on 24 others in the 2010 competition. The semi-finals are carded for Blairmont on February 13 while the final is set for Thirst Park on February 21.The veteran calypsonian said,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, “It’s my time again so I’m issuing warning to all competitors that while we are friends we need to compete vigorously to raise the standards and so if you want to beat me you have to come really high in all areas of the competition.”His experience in the competition spans 31 years and this year his lyrical toll is a message that states “all ah we know de man”. It focuses on adults who prey on young men and mirrors a recent true to life story that made headlines in and out of Guyana.The proud 65-year-old married father and grandfather said,Wholesale Jerseys China, “I promise calypso fans that they will be able to relate to my song from the beginning to the end and they will be talking about it in time to come because it is a reality in our society”.He last won the monarchy in 2007 with “Is we put you deh”- a social commentary that spoke to President Bharrat Jagdeo reminding him of the need to remember who he is serving and why he is serving as president.“It reminded him of the people who re-elected him and his responsibility to them,NFL Jerseys China,” he reflected.Prior, he had won the monarchy four other times with songs such as “Second Hand man” in 1988 which was his way of protesting the judges’ decisions that placed him second for seven straight years from 1980.The other time he won was with “Dessey yah wrong” in 1993 which chastised former President Desmond Hoyte for being too much of an honest politician,Wholesale NFL Jerseys Online, something that caused him the presidency.His next win came when he sang of “Political lies” which chastised late President Cheddi Jagan for a statement in Canada that placed “black people at the bottom of the ladder.”He again took a swipe at another president,Supply Cheap Jerseys, this time President Bharrat Jagdeo with “Ask the President” in 2001 which pointed to the many ills of Government dealings such as the wharf that floated away at charity.He only placed third once but has always made it to the top ten in the competition.Save for Lord Canary he is probably the longest-serving contributor to the Calypso contest.In 2008 he unfortunately only made the top ten and made the decision to opt out of the 2009 competition.“I’m back because the public was some what disappointed that I had opted out and since then a day scarcely goes by without someone stopping me to say the competition lacks an ingredient without me…they must know what they saying and so I’m here first for the fans. But personally I want to ensure that the art form is kept alive so I have to compete and be part of the only forum through which I can make a meaningful contribution.”The interim president of the Guyana National Calypso association said that the association was dormant for a number of years but he is working to bring it back on stream with a vibrant working committee.“I want people to understand that while I sing about the presidents I’ve never disrespected them. I just sing truths that serve as a wakeup call that people are watching them and that they need to remember that the Democratic constitution allows for a President of the people,Wholesale Jerseys US, by the people, for the people… not SOME PEOPLE!” Rebel said.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-17 01:22 , Processed in 0.075957 second(s), 23 queries .