2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-17 19:35:07 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Like Omalu, Dr. Robert Cantu, co-director of the Boston University Center for the Study of Traumatic Encephalopathy, has been pushing back against the league's public-relations blitz for years. Three years ago, around the time researchers found CTE in 49 of the 50 brains of deceased NFL players they autopsied,Cheap NFL Jerseys 2017, he co-authored a book laying out the case for kids to delay playing contact sports like tackle football and hockey before age 14. He was confident that with enough information, parents would come around.
Merry Christmas, Mr. Commissioner. Enjoy your lump of coal.
Your move, commissioner.
But distilling all those statistics and case studies into a dramatic battle of good vs. evil will make it that much tougher to ever root for Goodell and his enablers again.
It's the same crew that's agreed to pay more than $900 million to settle a concussion lawsuit by former players,Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic, yet still stages "Football Safety Clinics for Moms," trying to convince parents to let their kids play football in the face of mounting evidence that players as young as 7 suffer hits to the head every bit as traumatic as those suffered by high school and adult players.

Just as important, it will name real people and show real NFL teams.
"There's no way to tell the story without showing real football,China NBA Jerseys, without showing real football players, to get the texture and the understanding and the tremendous violence inside the game," director Peter Landesman said in an interview earlier this week. "So it became an imperative for us to be able to do it. What I was told by the studio was, 'You're protected. We're behind you. This will be fine.'"
"Concussion" has the chance to speed up the timeline. It's was made by Sony Pictures, which unlike several other Hollywood studios (Disney,Supply Authentic NFL Jerseys, Fox and Universal) doesn't have direct ties to the NFL and won't worry about retribution. It will spend plenty to promote the film and the timing couldn't be more fortuitous.
That comes as little surprise to Omalu's mentor and colleague, played by Albert Brooks. He tells Omalu: "You're going to war with a corporation that owns a day of the week."
"As long as the movie does its job ��it entertains, it thrills and it informs and people walk away from watching this film knowing something new and having the experience of being inside the shoes of a heroic man, that's the only thing I care about. I can't worry about the consequences of what I do," he added, "that's not my job."
This is most of the same crew, after all, that installed Dr. Elliot Pellman, a rheumatologist, as the longtime chairman of the league's "Mild Traumatic Brain Injury Committee" and didn't know ��or else didn't care ��how casually he dismissed all the data linking CTE to dementia and a host of other dangers.
In a trailer released earlier this week, Will Smith, one of the most bankable stars in show business, portrays Dr. Bennet Omalu. He's a Nigerian-born forensic pathologist who identified a degenerative disease in football players known as CTE, or chronic traumatic encephalopathy, and is stunned to find the league trying to discredit his research at every turn.
Landesman said in another interview that he didn't set out to make an "anti-football" film. But as far as the NFL's reaction, he added, "I don't really care. Their feelings are not my concern. ...
Indeed. The NFL has never been more profitable or popular in terms of TV ratings, and the film describes the sometimes-lethal, long-term implications of repeated blows to the head chronicled several times before ��in magazines, books and documentaries, as well as court depositions. We already know how it turns out.
Even though the holiday is nearly four months off, we already know what Roger Goodell will find under his tree on Christmas Day. It's a movie scheduled for release that morning based on a true story and bluntly titled "Concussion." It could do for the NFL what "The Insider" did for Big Tobacco and "Erin Brockovich" did for big energy companies.
"They haven't understood the dangers their kids are being subjected to,Cheap NFL Jerseys," he said at the time. "Once they do ��and it won't happen in weeks, or months, maybe even years ��they'll demand changes."
In addition to the box-office power of its stars ��besides Smith and Brooks, it features Paul Reiser (as Pellman) and Luke Wilson (as Goodell) ��Sony will release it on Christmas Day with Oscar consideration in mind and hoping to take advantage of a holiday crowd. More to the point, instead of bumping up against the start of the NFL season,Cheap NFL Jerseys, it will hit theaters at a juncture when the injuries and who-knows-how many concussions are piling up.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-24 01:47 , Processed in 0.068293 second(s), 26 queries .