9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2016-12-21 06:13:16 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
SLIPKNOT/STONE SOUR frontman Corey Taylor appeared as a guest speaker on June 8, 2011 at the Oxford University.Taylor addressed the 120 or so students in the grand hall of Oxford Union, Oxford Universitys famous debating society.Corey's message for the crowd was to forget about following their dreams. Identify what you are good at, and pursue that instead, he said,cheap jerseys from china, according to The New York Times."Too many people chase dreams that they don't understand,nfl jerseys china," he said. "Too many people try to go for things that they'd like to do but they're not realistic enough to know they don't have the talent."When asked why when he so espouses authenticity, he belongs to a band (SLIPKNOT) whose members all wear grotesque and identity-obscuring masks on stage, Taylor said it had to do with his chaotic and troubled early years in Iowa."When you put that mask on you go places you would never imagine," Taylor said,wholesale nfl jerseys, according to The New York Times. "It comes from a spot that's uncomfortable and really dark." He added: "The mask was a way to visualize everything I was feeling in heart and my gut  all that pain I was holding on to. I didn't have the worst childhood but I didn't have the best,cheap jerseys, and when you grow up like that you have certain limitations invariably stuck inside you. SLIPKNOT was a way to work it out."The full lecture is premiering in four parts on Taylor's web site. The third part can now be seen below.The Oxford Union Society, commonly referred to simply as the Oxford Union, is a debating society in the city of Oxford, Britain,jerseys from china, whose membership is drawn primarily but not exclusively from the University of Oxford. Founded in 1823, it is Britain's second oldest University Union (only the Cambridge Union Society is older), and has gained a worldwide reputation for the cut and thrust of its debate, proving a valuable training ground for many future politicians from Britain and other countries.Part 3:  Part 2:  Part 1:
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 17:30 , Processed in 0.111433 second(s), 36 queries .