4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-19 04:08:38 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
– overseas doctorThe need for partnerships was emphasised recently by renowned medical expert, Dr Sterling Williams, as he considered the local Residency Master鈥檚 Degree in Obstetrics and Gynaecology programme which has a quality on par with that obtained in the United States and other countries around the world.Dr. Sterling WilliamsDespite admitting that the programme, which is offered by the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation,Cheap Jerseys From China, is very impressive, Dr Williams noted that its survival is dependent on very crucial partnerships.According to him, Guyana, like many countries around the world,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, has a need for improvement not only in the area of obstetrics and gynaecology, but in every medical discipline. In fact,NFL Jerseys China, he disclosed that top local health officials have all agreed that there are things that are necessary to be looked at and 鈥渨e can do some things right now…so there were some very healthy discussions about priorities and timetables and sort of doing the things that can be accomplished now and then later work on the ones that are more challenging.鈥漈his past week Dr Williams met with Minister of Health Dr Bheri Ramsaran, and other top officials associated with the Residency Programme at the Public Hospital. These officials, he said, had alluded to a number of obstacles to improvement. However, he noted that together they can put economic and political pressure upon whoever needs to have pressure brought on them.鈥淭hey all seem to agree that these things are necessary and they are not negotiable and by working together they will get what they need. Individually it would be a very difficult challenge, and that is one of the things that I have learned. They are not only willing to work together, but they have found it necessary in order to accomplish their main goals,鈥� Dr Williams noted.According to him, from the small fragment of the local health sector that he was able to observe during his stay, Guyana is clearly moving in the right direction in terms of improved health care.鈥淔rom the limited preview that I have seen, that segment (obstetrics and gynaecology) is heading in the right direction. I can鈥檛 speak for all of health care because I haven鈥檛 seen it, but this programme definitely is heading in the right direction.鈥滻n this regard,Cheap Jerseys From China, Dr Williams said that his vision for the local health sector is to see more partnerships formed. He underscored, too,Wholesale NFL Jerseys China, that partnership does not only have to be forged 鈥渨ith only big time organisations like mine that have obvious things to offer in terms of education,Cheap Jerseys 2018, but I am talking about partnerships with communities, with private citizens who need to buy into the effects of better education and the fact that it will bring about better health care.鈥濃�淲e need partnerships of all kind…just talking with the media there is a chance that people out in the community who don鈥檛 know about this programme will learn about it, so I think partnerships of all kinds are part of my visions and they need to be established sooner rather than later.鈥滵r Williams also emphasised that getting about the task of partnering, while it is very serious, could also prove to be very daunting. Moreover, he noted that the few people who were involved in the launch of the Residency programme would not be able to sustain it without a lot of help from a lot more people.As such, he stated that there is a need for all segments of the Guyanese community to support this venture.鈥淭he government,Cheap NFL Jerseys, businesses, the educational resources; everybody has to buy into it and move along together. We need to engage the average private citizen who will be the recipient of this health care. We need to engage them in conversations and make sure we know what they want and make sure we hear their opinions and respect their opinions to ensure that we are doing this together.鈥滵r Williams, who is the Vice President for Education at the American College of Obstetrics and Gyneacology in the United States, just last week administered the prestigious Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics and Gyneacology (CREOG) to the inaugural batch of doctors undertaking the GPHC鈥檚 Residency Masters Degree Programme.During his stay, he delivered several lectures and administered two examinations as part of his assistance to the residents undertaking the programme.聽 The CREOG examinations are the annual exams taken by all US Ob/Gyn residents as a benchmark of their progress and competency, and is now being offered to the local doctors participating in Master鈥檚 programme.In fact, Dr Williams said that he is inspired enough by the programme to do a bit more to aid in sustaining it.鈥淚 have been so impressed by what I have seen I would love to continue making a contribution of some sort, whether it is coming back personally or making sure something happens from the United States that I can affect.鈥濃�淚 think that this is such an outstanding programme that I would like to make sure that I do my part, whatever it is, to make sure that it keeps going.鈥�
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 12:07 , Processed in 0.063813 second(s), 26 queries .