2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-20 06:34:51 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Gettleman failed to replenish an offensive line that lost four players to retirement, the most noteworthy being Jordan Gross,Wholesale NBA Jerseys, a fixture at left tackle for more than a decade. The struggles up front have led to a poor running game and a lack of protection for Newton, who was sacked a career-high nine times in a loss to Philadelphia.
"Greg is a great player and anytime you lose a great player it's going to affect you," said Panthers middle linebacker Luke Kuechly.
"I have to play better,Wholesale Jerseys," Newton said.
That's a little out of character for any coach, particularly Rivera,Cheap NFL Jerseys Store, who adheres to the philosophy of "the next game is the most important game" and never looks ahead.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Panthers coach Ron Rivera had a moment of weakness before his players left for the bye week.
Gettleman declined interview requests by The Associated Press to talk about the offseason moves.
Rivera, ever the optimist, thinks the Panthers can do just that. He feels like somehow the offense will break out of a season-long slumber and a defense that has allowed 37 or more points in five games can find some consistency.

"The best thing we've got going right now," said struggling quarterback Cam Newton, "is that we get to press the refresh button going into this off week so we can collect ourselves and come back stronger."
Not long after signing the deal, Hardy was charged and later convicted of two counts of domestic violence. His ex-girlfriend said he threw her on a futon full of guns and threatened to kill her following an argument at Hardy's condominium in March.
Newton has had a rough fourth season.
"I don't believe it's a faint hope," Rivera said of the team's playoff hopes.  "I believe it's a strong hope."
"I broke my own rule," Rivera confessed to reporters this week, "I looked ahead. I told the guys,Cheap Jerseys 2018, 'We've got five games left to play. If we take care of business in all five games and one or two things happen, then we win the division.'"
It has been a season to forget so far for Newton and the Panthers.
Defensively, Carolina's secondary has struggled to repeat last year's effort as free agent acquisitions Antoine Cason, Roman Harper and Thomas DeCoud have not lived up to expectations. The Panthers rank 23rd in defense this year after finishing No. 2 last season.
And these are certainly desperate times for the Panthers, who have lost five straight games and are 1-7-1 in their last nine, including a heartbreaking 19-17 loss on Sunday to Atlanta in which Graham Gano missed two late field goal attempts.
Without Hardy, Carolina's pass rush has struggled. The Panthers have just 23 sacks after getting 60 last season.
Despite their troubles, the Panthers still have time to salvage the season. Kuechly said the goal is to return from the bye and run the table.
Panthers general manager Dave Gettleman parted ways with the team's top four wide receivers from last season, including veteran Steve Smith. Carolina signed Jerricho Cotchery, Jason Avant and Tiquan Underwood and drafted Kelvin Benjamin in the first round to fill the holes at wide receiver. Only Benjamin and Cotchery remain with the team.
But desperate times call for desperate measures.
Newton hasn't had much help.
It began with the Panthers signing Pro Bowl defensive end Greg Hardy as their franchise player, a $13.1 million decision that has blown up in their faces.
"There's not much wiggle room for us at this point,Authentic MLB Jerseys Online," Kuechly said. "Fortunately for us we are still in a position to make a run — and that's all we can ask for."
Rivera wants his players to return from the bye week with renewed energy and purpose, so he intentionally dangled the playoff carrot in front of them.
As ridiculous at it sounds, the Panthers (3-7-1) remain in the hunt for the NFC South title with Atlanta and New Orleans tied for the division lead at 4-6.
He enters the bye week 27th in quarterback rating in the league and his rushing numbers are way down after offseason ankle surgery and fractured ribs in the preseason limited his mobility.
Hardy,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys, who tied a franchise record with 15 sacks last season, played in the season opener but was later moved to the exempt-commissioner's permission list after the NFL began cracking down on domestic violence. Hardy hasn't played since.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 21:32 , Processed in 0.074528 second(s), 28 queries .