10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2016-12-21 11:45:51 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Joe Bosso of MusicRadar.com recently conducted an interview with drummer Mike Mangini of progressive metal giants DREAM THEATER. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.MusicRadar.com: What have you discovered about the band [since you joined]?Mangini: What I didn't expect on one level was more personal. What I did expect on a musical level has happened. Let me explain: On a musical level, the thing that makes us really close  as close as you can be in a very short time  is our love of progression, of trying to be better, of digging in deeper. It's about trying to achieve the ultimate and never giving up. That's what we have in common,cheap jerseys from china, and I noticed that from the first day I spent with them. On a personal level, they're all extremely respectful and in tune with what's going on around them. They're very mature, and they're in the business of music to make music. They speak highly of other musicians. They give credit where credit is due, and they applaud that which deserves applause. We don't sit around and talk trash about this band or that person. The guys in DREAM THEATER talk about music and pursuing happiness riffs and instrumentsthis part versus that part. It's so pleasant. Every night is about moving forward. I don't mean for this to sound so 'rah-rah,jerseys from china,' but that's what they're like. They're an extremely passionate, positive bunch. It's all in this quote, I don't remember who it's from [editor's note: Eleanor Roosevelt] "Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." I really think that's true. Don't spend your time gossiping when you should be doing something.MusicRadar.com: That said, how have you dealt with some of the haters, the Mike Portnoy-only supporters who diss the band without him?Mangini: Well, I don't really focus on it. But I also look at it the same way that attraction works, meaning it's either God's business or the business of human nature. If you believe in God, then you understand, and if you don't, then you can understand human nature. If you're attracted to somebody,cheap jerseys, it's beyond one's control. It is what it is. So if people are attracted to what Mike Portnoy brought to DREAM THEATER  as I am,cheap jerseys free shipping, because I'm certainly attracted to it  then that's nature. People are just doing what they do, and that's fine  I applaud them. If other people are anti-me because they're pro-Mike Portnoy,cheap nfl nike jerseys, there's really nothing I can say or do about that. They're going to think what they think, and it really has nothing to do with my playing. Have they listened to the album? Have they seen the show? In most cases, no. So they're just going on their emotions. That's fine. I can't change that. All I can do is do what I do.MusicRadar.com: The recording process for the new record  was it a little strange that the tunes were already written, with drum programs mapped out?Mangini: It wasn't strange for me, and I actually welcomed it. It's kind of funny: When John Petrucci [guitar] called me to tell me that I wasn't going to be around for the writing process, I was elated, and I said, "John, thank you so much." He was curious about my reaction, and my answer to him was two-fold: Number one, I still wanted to take a lot of time to review the band's catalogue and nurture my drumset. The other thing was, I didn't want to change things right out of the box. The important thing to stress, however, is that John didn't program all the drum parts that I would play, and I didn't play them note-for-note. He created outlines for me. Some things I played as they were, other things I changed, and in some cases he and I tried something totally different. I welcomed working that way.Read the entire interview from MusicRadar.com.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 14:28 , Processed in 0.069387 second(s), 28 queries .