2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-20 08:26:10 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
DOME ADVANTAGE: Including the playoffs, the Saints have won their past 17 home games with Payton on the sideline, going 9-0 in 2011 and 8-0 in 2013. In 2012,Cheap Jerseys Supply, Payton was suspended in connection with the NFL's bounty probe. The home crowd often aids the defense, which in the Saints' case could use the assist after shaky performances in both losses. New Orleans ranks near the bottom of the NFL in yards (446 per game) and points (31.5) allowed.

So Payton, who worked with Zimmer when both were assistants under Bill Parcells in Dallas, hasn't exactly gone out of his way to reach out to his former Cowboys colleague.
BACKUP BACKS: With Peterson out, the Vikings could consider less conventional running plays to involve receiver Cordarrelle Patterson in the ground game. He is Minnesota's leading rusher, thanks to his 102 yards on three carries, including a 67-yard TD, in Minnesota's opener. Matt Asiata got the bulk of carries last week, rushing 13 times for 39 yards.
Here are some things to know about the Vikings' visit to New Orleans:
"Sean and Drew,China Soccer Jerseys, Graham and all these guys have a lot of my attention," Zimmer said. "When I see them on tape,Cheap NFL Jerseys, I see a real good football team."
New Orleans (0-2) has lost late leads in each of its first two games and needs a victory in its home opener Sunday in the Superdome, where the Saints haven't lost once under Payton's direction since 2010.
Payton gave Adam Zimmer his first NFL coaching job in 2006, the year after Payton left Dallas to take his first head coaching job in New Orleans. The younger Zimmer remained on Payton's staff through the club's only Super Bowl title in the 2009 season.
DISTRACTION REACTION: Veteran Vikings linebacker Chad Greenway said he and his teammates noticed more television trucks around team headquarters after Peterson and the Vikings agreed that the running back would leave the team indefinitely while resolving his legal trouble. Beyond that, though, Greenway said the Vikings have succeeded in returning to normalcy at practice as quickly as possible. "For us, it's about coming in and getting the game plan and taking it and putting it to work and communicating," Greenway said. "Obviously, with the team we're playing, there's so many things they do well that we have a lot on our plate."
So while Zimmer tries to manage Peterson's indefinite absence and the intense publicity it has brought upon the Vikings (1-1), he's also trying not to neglect his responsibilities as one of his club's lead defensive coaches.
CASSEL'S CONFIDENCE: Minnesota quarterback Matt Cassel has been inconsistent. He completed 68 percent of his passes with two TD tosses and no interceptions in a Week 1 win over St. Louis, then threw four interceptions in a lopsided loss to New England last Sunday. "The mistakes that hurt us last week and the turnovers I had, I have to eliminate," Cassel said. "I have to get back to playing like I did in the first game and the preseason in protecting the football and putting ourselves in a better position to win."
New Orleans ranks third in the NFL in total offense, averaging 434.5 yards per game, and second in scoring with 29 points per game. Saints all-time leading receiver Marques Colston had five catches for 110 yards in Week 1,Cheap Jerseys From China, and when Cleveland shut him down in Week 2, tight end Jimmy Graham had 10 catches for 118 yards and two touchdowns.
He'll do so this Sunday when he sees Saints coach Sean Payton in New Orleans, though the timing is far from ideal.
Zimmer at least has support from his son,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys, Adam, a Vikings defensive assistant, who is familiar with how the Saints operate.
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — After enduring the fallout from child abuse allegations against star running back Adrian Peterson,NFL Jerseys Supply, Minnesota Vikings first-year coach Mike Zimmer might benefit from visiting an old friend in the football business.
The elder Zimmer can only hope his son's experience with Drew Brees and Co. will help this week. New Orleans may be winless, but the Saints' offense has lived up to the highly productive standard it has set during the Payton era.
INGRAM'S ABSENCE: The Saints' running game is off to a strong start, averaging better than 156.5 yards. However, their top rusher, Mark Ingram, won't play this Sunday after having surgery to repair a fractured bone in his hand. That'll mean more work for veteran running back Pierre Thomas and second-year pro Khiry Robinson.
"No. Shoot no," Payton said. "Not that we wouldn't, but no. I am sure just with everything that is going on with him and with us here, a catch-up call is probably the last thing on the priority list."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 16:24 , Processed in 0.067996 second(s), 28 queries .