4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-22 05:14:20 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
AG notes frustration at constant delaysAfter almost $500 million over a period of two years being expended on the Walter Rodney CommissionAttorney GeneralBasil Williamsof Inquiry, Attorney General (AG) and Minister of Legal Affairs,Cheap NFL Football Jerseys, Mr. Basil Williams, said he is disappointed about the delay in the handing over of the report.The report should have been provided today but the excuse was that there was a “lack of ink” to compile photocopied documents.“This is unfair to the President and people of Guyana.”The Report, which was supposed to be presented to President David Granger at noon today, was not submitted because the Chairman of that Commission, Sir Richard Cheltenham, informed the Attorney General that he had run out of ink while printing the document.This call was made even though President Granger had already arrived at the Ministry of the Presidency to facilitate the handing over of the report.The Attorney General said that he found this totally unacceptable for any sitting President,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, especially given the fact that President Granger has been more than accommodating in the past months,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, in granting time extensions.“I am deeply concerned. I am even more concerned that this is a Presidential Inquiry and that the President has been asked for extensions of time and every time,Cheap NFL Jerseys, the President agreed.“It is not an appropriate way to deal with the President of a country. I think the time has come for us to put a definitive end to this entire Commission of Inquiry…The President has bent over backwards on many occasions.“It is unfair to the President and the people of Guyana to continue it… I am fed up of the entire situation,” the Attorney General said in a statement yesterday.Minister Williams added that he found the handling of the matter by the Commissioner surprising and unfair to the Guyanese people since he had put all arrangements in place to ensure the completion of the work of the Commission, which had been set up under the previous administration.“I didn’t understand what he meant [when he said that] because when they arrived I sought to ensure that they were properly ensconced and that they had all the relevant facilities.“I had handed over the arrangements to Mr. [Hugh] Denbow, [the Administrator] for him to work with them so I was actually surprised that Sir Richard was saying that,Wholesale NFL Jerseys,” he said.Sir Richard had requested that the handing over be rescheduled to a time later in the day but Minister Williams indicated that this arrangement seemed uncertain.“Sir Richard was asking for any time between 16:00hrs and 18:00hrs this evening, which again sounded very iffy. And I had to come to Parliament,NFL Jerseys China,” he said.With regard to outstanding payments to the Commissioners, Minister of Finance, Mr. Winston Jordan,Cheap NFL Jerseys, had sought to receive copies of the contracts that had been entered into by the previous administration. However, it was revealed that those contracts were never signed.“The cost of this Commission is almost half a billion dollars…The things that we wanted from Sir Richard included a copy of the contract that he had entered into. I understand from Sir Richard that they hadn’t any signed contract,” he said.While the Minister expressed his exasperation at the constant delays of the Report, he noted the handing over of the report is in the hands of Sir Cheltenham.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 08:43 , Processed in 0.073043 second(s), 26 queries .