9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2016-12-21 19:28:37 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Anthony Morgan of Metal Forces recently conducted an interview with SLAYER/PHILM drummer Dave Lombardo. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.On reforming PHILMombardo: "I really liked Gerry's [Nestler, guitar and vocals] style. I found it very unique; it was heavy at times,Cheap NBA Jerseys, but it just had a different style. I felt drawn to play drums with him. Tom Araya [vocals] from SLAYER was in the hospital — he was getting some neck and spinal surgery — and I found myself with a bunch of time. I reformed the group at that time but I couldn't find the original bass player [Juan Antonio Perez], so I ended up finding Pancho [Francisco Tomaselli]. He had approached me at a drum workshop and told me that he had heard I liked the band he was playing in, which was true. It was a band called WAR — the classic WAR band from the '70s — who he's been playing with for seven or eight years, or maybe longer. We've been playing ever since. We took the bull by the horns, just recording the album ourselves in a house. It was a lot of fun; we had a really good time doing it, and we already have material for the next record."On the influence of '60s drummers on PHILMombardo: "Drummers in those days were self-taught; they learnt by watching, listening,Cheap Authentic Jerseys, and mimicking, and not by reading scores of music or learning from a teacher. They did it from the heart, and learning it from the heart is from searching and educating yourself on something that you feel passionate about. It was done differently back then. Today we find drummers that are educated; they go to Berklee (College Of Music,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, Massachusetts), they go to Musicians Institute (Hollywood, California), and they come out with all these high numbers. But man, if you put them in a room, come on. Come up with something, something that's new, interesting, and fresh. They wouldn't be able to though. All they come up with is what they've learnt, the one scale that they worked on for four or five hours. Sometimes I have to tell musicians that I play with 'Dude…,' because I didn't grow up like that. I was self-taught, so I really don't know the language. I've noticed the difference of certain musicians. I don't know where the hell this question started (laughs). Oh yeah… drummers like Mitch Mitchell (THE JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE) were very fluid,Cheap Soccer Jerseys, very natural, and very spontaneous and explosive. It had dynamic. Today of course with what I just said and also computers altering the sound of the drummer and the feeling of the drummer, you lose the swing."On recording debut PHILM album in North Hollywood,Cheap MLB Jerseys, California at the house of a friendombardo: "She has this three-to-four-bedroom house,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, and there was a center room in the middle of the house. It's kind of strange how this room is set up. This room resembled a drum room that I had recorded in in Hagen, Germany at Woodhouse Studios, where I did three records [March 1995's 'Power Of Inner Strength', February 1997's 'Nemesis' and February 1999's 'Solidify'] with GRIP INC. in the '90s. When I walked into that room,Jerseys From China, she told me that she played guitar and sang in there. That's where she writes her music. She writes novels and she writes music, and that's her place. I said, 'Wow, this resembles this drum room in Germany.' It had a tile floor, wooden ceiling, and stucco walls. The ambience in that room was really, really cool. It had a nice plate sound,NFL Jerseys China, as engineers call it. It was kind of tight. I said, 'Hey, can we record here?' and she agreed. She loved the idea, and we pulled it off. It was a lot of fun. We did it on our own time; we started in September, and I think we ended in January. Three to four months it took for us to get this record out, and mix and master it. It was a really nice environment, and she cooked for us every now and then. It was a nice hang."On forthcoming two-track SLAYER EPombardo: "I don't know too much about it, except that I recorded my parts in April. It came from some work that Kerry [King, guitar] and I were doing that started the end of 2011. He and I got together and started working, and we decided to go into the studio and do an EP. When it's going to be released? I don't know. Is it done? I don't know. I know Tom has sung on the songs already, so they're pretty much done. Mixed? I don't know. I don't know the details. I don't know where it stands. It's all a mystery."On the tempo of the two tracksombardo: "What's fast for SLAYER? Fast as in 'Necrophobic' (from 'Reign In Blood') fast,Cheap NHL Jerseys, or fast as in 'War Ensemble' (from 'Seasons In The Abyss') fast? The first song is more of a 'War Ensemble' kind of fast. Just the pace, the tempo. That's all I can say, other than its traditional SLAYER sound and structuring. I don't remember the second song that they chose, though." On the health of SLAYER guitarist Jeff Hannemanombardo: "He's getting better. He's just working on getting better, and that's all I can say. We want him back and want him back onstage, but he needs to get better." On whether Jeff Hanneman's health is causing a delay in the recording of a new SLAYER studio albumombardo: "I don't think so. I think things are going just as planned. We just have these shows to do. We went in and we did the EP, similar to how we did 'Psychopathy Red' in 2009 right before 'World Painted Blood' came out. We released 'Psychopathy Red' as a single, so this is similar. Everything is pretty much on track. This has nothing to do with Jeff."Read the entire interview from Metal Forces.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-8 19:09 , Processed in 0.075013 second(s), 28 queries .