4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-23 18:16:31 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
It all started from playing the lead character in a play called ‘Ali Baba and the Forty thieves’ where he was required to sing a few songs, and the resounding applause he received signalled to him that he had a voice. The rest is history.Highland Ralph ‘Dobby’ Dobson, who is Jamaican by birth, is back in Guyana to headline the ‘Legends in Concert’ event scheduled to be held this evening, at the exquisite Parc Rayne, Rahaman’s Park.The soulful crooner from ‘Reggae Land’ sat down for a chat with Kaieteur News on Friday at Parc Rayne where he went to conduct an on-the-spot inspection of the venue chosen to take the more matured locals back in time.Dobson, who is in his early sixties, said his early days at Central Branch School in Kingston when he was chosen for the lead role in a play, provided the catalyst for his involvement in music, even though he admitted it never offered him a huge payday.He did concede though that being a singer gave him the opportunity to be with a lot of girls, much to the chagrin of his mother.The singer, who confessed that he is very emotional, revealed that many of his songs were soul-searching and part of his personal experience, especially regarding relationships that went sour.He recalled a song ‘Oh so lonely’ was inspired by his breakup with a wonderful girl he would only refer to as ‘Beverley D’ who he says is still a good friend of his until now.“I remember being on stage one night and I begun to sing that song and could not finish it because I was crying. But the audience understood and gave me a standing ovation,” he reflected.Dobson, who has performed in North and South America,Cheap NFL Jerseys Store, and countries such as Mexico, Belize, The Bahamas, and many other Caribbean territories, still does not consider himself famous, but rather someone that quite a few people know and are familiar with his songs.The soft-spoken singer, who currently resides in Florida, USA, having moved there shortly after his mother’s death, spoke of the song that really made him takeoff.“I was appearing in a theatre in Jamaica and I sang a song titled ‘Do you think it is easy to be poor’ and the resounding applause I received really sparked my career. I was walking on the clouds, so I wanted to experience that feeling again,” Dobson said.Among the many hit songs that Dobson has recorded include ‘Cry a little Cry’; ‘I’m a loving Pauper’; ‘It seems to me I’m losing’; ‘That wonderful Song’, ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ and ‘Endlessly’.Dobson told this newspaper that while many artistes have covered his songs, his greatest delight came when UB 40 and Freddie McGregor recorded ‘I’m a loving Pauper’ which according to him was the song that brought in the money.“I was as proud as parents are when they have a child, because here it is, groups such as UB 40 and Freddie McGregor were singing my song.”Dobson is no stranger to Guyana, having performed here many times in the past, and is promising fans a very good show tonight. He assured that he will sing songs that they know and love.“I always think in my head to give the fans a riveting performance and it usually works out,” he said.Quizzed on what’s next for him, he said that “as the spirit moves me I will do something.”Dobson, who has given his life to Christ, applauded the organisers for providing him the opportunity to be involved in a worthy cause.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 23:17 , Processed in 0.048851 second(s), 26 queries .