2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-25 05:54:39 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"I'm spending hours and hours in the playbook every day,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, every night," Kennard said. "I go home and I'm studying for hours so I get there and I get those live reps, and it's getting easier and slowing down. I'm making more and more plays and making more of an impact, and that's all I'm trying to do. I want to play my part and show that I can help the team."
Nothing is simple for a rookie in the NFL, and should Kennard wind up a starter, he's sure to be tested by opposing offenses.
"He's been in there before," Coughlin said. "He's playing in there,NFL Jerseys From China, he's played on the outside, so it's just a simple move."
"All of those guys with experience are kind of bringing me along and showing me the ropes and showing me the tapes," Kennard said. "I watch film on them a lot just to see how they do things — the little things, the vet tricks that they have that I try to pick up on and implement. Just showing different things. Disguising, showing different coverages, blitzing, how you're showing your blitz when you're not. Different things like that just to kind of toy with the offense."
Now, it's up to McClain, late of the Ravens, to plug the hole in the middle — literally and figuratively. And for Kennard to do the same on the outside.
Kennard nods when asked if he's had an intensive education so far, learning from the likes of McClain and Beason, who has attended meetings and remained a part of the locker room scene.
"I think we go forward with what we have. We'll be OK," Coughlin said at the team's mandatory minicamp.
McClain has played both inside and outside linebacker, and says he's fine at either spot. Coughlin likes that versatility.
That leaves plenty of room for Jameel McClain, entering his seventh pro season, in the middle of the defense. And for Devon Kennard, a fifth-round draft pick this year out of USC, to prove himself on the outside.
The defense wasn't OK in 2013 until Beason arrived. He then sparked a turnaround, joining the Giants when they were 0-5; they finished 7-9. A three-time Pro Bowl linebacker, Beason had 98 tackles and New York's defense finished eighth in the league overall after being near the bottom of the rankings.
"Responsibilities always change," he said. "With great opportunity comes a lot of responsibility. Getting people lined up and doing things that I'm normally accustomed to is just something that I will bring to it. It's something that we will all bring to it, so everyone gets a chance to learn what it's like to be the man, to be the middle linebacker, to make the calls, to get it all right. That makes a great defense when everybody knows what to do."

For now, he's being tested learning schemes,Wholesale Jerseys Store, mastering the defense under coordinator Perry Fewell.
Beason will not need surgery, but is out at least through July — training camp begins late in the month — and perhaps a lot longer. It's conceivable that the man who helped stabilize New York's defense after being acquired from Carolina in midseason last year won't be ready by the season opener at Detroit on Sept. 8.
Coach Tom Coughlin seemed comfortable enough Tuesday with both of them.
McClain and Kennard provide a nice mix, even if one or both wind up as a backup. McClain has learned from two of the best linebackers of the last decade, Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs.
Of course, he's never been asked to be the main cog at linebacker with those two around in Baltimore. Things could turn out different with the Giants as long as Beason is out.
EAST RUTHERFORD,Cheap NHL Jerseys, N.J. (AP) — While Jon Beason recovers from a broken bone and torn ligament in his right foot, a veteran and a rookie will get long looks as starting linebackers for the New York Giants.
"This league is about opportunity and a chance for players to show themselves,Cheap NFL Jerseys China," said McClain, who earned a Super Bowl ring with the 2012 Ravens, when he started 13 games. "Fortunately, we will get Jon back, so we're blessed to have that,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, but what we have now is a chance for a lot of people to step up and step into positions that they normally wouldn't have been in. That's always good for a football team, diversity."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 07:09 , Processed in 0.048824 second(s), 26 queries .