2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-25 14:55:09 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"It's funny because people would talk trash to me when Greg wasn't on the field," Jones-Drew said. "They wouldn't say too much when he was out there. It just showed you his presence. People wanted to get him out of his game, but Greg did a great job of dominating people whistle to whistle.
He was best known for his tenacious blocking — and toughness,Cheap NFL Jerseys.
"There's no real glory in that position, but G swallowed his pride and always gave a hundred percent effort and attention to detail in the classroom and on the practice field. A huge piece of my success from over a five-year span was due to Greg."
Jones signed a ceremonial, one-day contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars on Thursday and retired with the team that drafted him in 2004.
Jones finished with 913 yards rushing and 10 touchdowns.
"I love the game of football and I want to be around it,NFL Jerseys Outlet," he said. "I've done some networking with teams with the hope of landing something, but it's a tough field to get into."
"He would just move on to the next play. Every once in a while he would get into a scuffle. ... That mindset and that attitude, there's always someone that thinks they are just as tough as you. Greg would go out there and show them."
JACKSONVILLE,NFL Jerseys China Online, Fla. (AP) — Creating holes for Fred Taylor and then Maurice Jones-Drew, Greg Jones proved to be one of the best fullbacks in the NFL for a decade.

He left an indelible mark on coaches and teammates — as well as opponents.
Jones plans to continue living in Jacksonville, which drafted him as a running back out of college but moved him to fullback.
The 33-year-old Jones would like to coach in the league or be involved in the personnel side of things.
"Selflessness and humility are two character traits that come to mind when I think of G," Taylor said. "He could have easily rebelled when the coaches decided to move him to fullback.
"Ten years have flown by," Jones said. "It's been a time of happiness and grief, where I've gotten knocked on my butt both figuratively and literally."
Jones missed the 2006 season with a torn knee ligament. He returned the following year and paved the way for a rushing attack that ranked second in the NFL. That year, Jones was selected as the first alternate for the Pro Bowl.
A second-round pick out of Florida State, Jones played in 115 games during his nine years in Jacksonville. He spent the 2013 season with Houston and went to training camp with New Orleans last year before getting cut.
"You could see Greg on the ground, guy on top of him, and he would use his sheer strength to lift himself off the ground with a guy on him and fight him off. I have never seen anything like that before. He's a tough, tough player that never quit,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Outlet, and that is what made him so special."
"I never saw him lose a fight,Wholesale Jerseys China," former teammate and retired center Brad Meester said. "I remember him getting in several scuffles, even in games,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, and he always came out on top. I remember a game in Pittsburgh and one of their players literally had him down on the ground.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 00:23 , Processed in 0.045199 second(s), 26 queries .