4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-26 06:58:37 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
–  all passengers reach shore safelyPassengers onboard the Lady Northcote coming from Port Kaituma to Port Georgetown were given the scare of their lives after fire broke out on the vessel.The fire broke out around 16:00 hours yesterday when the Captain of the vessel was forced to contact officials at Port Georgetown for assistance to bring the vessel into the Transport and Harbors, Kingston Wharf.Transport Minister Robeson Benn said the fire was caused by a diesel leak.Some of the relieved passengers after disembarking the Lady Northcote which caught afire late yesterday afternoon.“The vessel was entering Port Georgetown and approaching the goods wharf. There was a leak of diesel from a faulty valve on an exhaust manifold that caught a fire,China NFL Jerseys, burn the window of the pipes to the fuel tanks and the entire engine room caught a fire,” Minister Benn explained.Benn further explained that because of the leaking fuel on the one engine,NFL Jerseys Outlet, the captain was forced to stop the second engine. The Minister further explained that all of the crew members got involved and they used up all the fire extinguishers onboard to put out the fire while the captain went through the fire drill with the passengers. By that time all of the passengers were fitted with life jackets. Benn said that all 49 passengers and 13 crewmembers were accounted for. No one was injured and only a vehicle on the deck of the vessel was scorched.Benn added that it took the crew members at least 20 minutes to put out the fire by which time another vessel had reached the location and began towing the Lady Northcote to the wharf.Commenting on the extent of the damage to the engine Benn said that the department will have to wait for the engineers to make an assessment.“As of now we do not know how badly the engines have been damaged; we will have to wait until they are opened.”Benn further lamented that it is his hope that the vessel can be put back into operation soon while noting that it has been one of their oldest vessel having being into operation for some 69 years. He however noted that finding spare parts has been an issue given the age of the vessel.“We have been offering this service to Port Kaituma for close to three years after it was out for some 20 years and we hope that this incident doesn’t cause the service to stop.”Meanwhile,Wholesale Jerseys USA, several passengers on board said the experience was very terrifying for them since from the outset the journey seemed never ending. One passenger said that given the time the vessel took before they could see Port Georgetown he knew something was wrong with the vessel,Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys, which left Port Kaituma since 06:00 hours on Friday.“Normally this boat woulda reach Georgetown by midday today (Saturday) but the water was rough bad and this boat tek really long,NFL Jerseys China,” one passenger said.“I was bathing in the bathroom and when I run out I see the place in fire. They need to change this boat. It has been giving problem,” said another passenger Myrtle Williams.One woman who was shaken said that she is not sure about ever making another trip on the river. The woman said that since the boat left Port Kaituma “something just felt wrong”.Amidst tears the woman said to calm herself she decided to sleep through the journey but was awaken by screams of “fire”.“When I wake up I hear people screaming for fire and I jump down from a vehicle and the captain keep saying don’t panic and I put on a life jacket.”Nonetheless,Wholesale China Jerseys, the passengers were all thankful to see land. By the time they arrived at Port Georgetown most of them had relatives waiting at the wharf.However,CHeap NFL Jerseys China, members of the media were barred from entering the compound to see the extent of the damage to the vessel. At the wharf was a fire tender from the Guyana Fire Service but it did not have to go into operation.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-7 14:17 , Processed in 0.073391 second(s), 28 queries .