4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-26 07:00:50 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
The Guyana Police Force is preparing to charge one of its officers who has been accused of sexually assaulting a female Constable.A senior police official told this newspaper on Friday that Crime Chief Wendell Blanhum has received advice from the Director of Public Prosecutions to charge Assistant Superintendent Deneshwar Mahendranauth in connection with the incident that occurred two months ago at Lethem.The advice comes a two weeks after the Constable’s mother had expressed a lack of confidence in the way the force was handling the matter.This was after she learnt that the Assistant Superintendent had been elevated to the post of Deputy Commander of the Force’s F Division which covers Lethem.It is being alleged that ASP Mahendranauth had summoned the Constable to his quarters and made sexual advances to her.The constable resisted the advances and later reported the matter to her uncle who is also an Assistant Superintendent of Police.The report was forwarded to Commissioner of Police Seelall Persaud who immediately had the ASP removed from the Lethem Police Station and ordered an investigation by the Office of Professional Responsibility.But as the matter dragged on there was a feeling that there were attempts to sweep it under the carpet.Except for a statement on the matter from Minister of Public Security Khemraj Ramjattan,Cheap NFL Jerseys, many have been silent,2018 Nike Air Max 97, including local women’s groups, which have in the past been vigilant against alleged sexual misconduct against females by persons in authority.The constable’s mother said that she read the initial Kaieteur News’ report about the alleged incident and felt comfortable that something was being done about it. But she had to wait for two months for something to happen.“I was wondering why it taking so long because I reading about other matters that come up already…. This thing happen in the Guyana Police Force, so if my daughter does not get justice what will the public think about the Force?” she had stated in a recent interview with this newspaper.With the advice of the DPP, the woman’s confidence in the justice system has been restored.In fact Minister Ramjattan had said that he will certainly not tolerate such actions from police officers.“I treat sexual harassment of females very seriously…but I don’t know what the OPR will say,” the Minister had told this newspaper.He however warned though,NFL Jerseys Cheap, that if the Officer in this case is found culpable,Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping, he will be making an example of him, stopping short of saying exactly what penalties lie ahead.Minister Ramjattan, who has already shown an inclination to deal sternly with rogue elements in the Guyana Police Force,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, has hinted at body cameras for ranks,NFL Jerseys Supply, especially females so that evidence of wrongdoing will be obtained.“Let us get the evidence,” he said.“We have a nasty culture in Guyana…and what is happening in our Police Force is a microcosm of our society and male chauvinism is a part of our culture that we have to get rid of,” Ramjattan added.He lamented the fact that despite increased training, it is still taking quite some amount of time to rid the Force of some unwanted practices.He said that he will be seeking more training in women leadership especially, so that certain attitudes will be inculcated that will make sexual harassment of females a thing of the past.“I would like to have some women with attitude like (Minister) Simona Broomes and no man will ever try to mishandle them…that is what I want in the Guyana Police Force,” Minister Ramjattan had stated.The Public Security Minister said that he will certainly be engaging the Police Service Commission once officers are found culpable of wrongdoing, especially when it comes to harassment of their female colleagues.A little over two weeks ago,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, the Director of Prisons Welton Trotz was slapped with a sexual assault charge, prompting Minister of Public Security to send him packing.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-7 19:48 , Processed in 0.073551 second(s), 26 queries .