2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-26 10:38:29 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Notes: Falcons G Justin Blalock missed practice for the second day in a row. Blalock's absence makes it increasingly likely that Atlanta will have three new starters on the offensive line against the Giants. ... WR Harry Douglas, who didn't play last Sunday against the Vikings because of a foot injury,Wholesale Baseball Jerseys, also missed practice.
"I don't know this offense at all, so there's nothing I've been able to give our team," he said. "Everything about that team looks different than when I was there."
If the Falcons tried to pick Umenyiora's brain about what to expect from his old team, he wouldn't have much to offer.
Manning and the Giants struggled at first with the transition to a system that relies on quick reads and throws, losing their first two games. But they've scored 75 points the last two weeks, looking particularly impressive in last week's victory at Washington.
"To see Osi in a different uniform is unfortunate," Cruz said.
Oddly enough, their game of choice is FIFA soccer. Cruz usually takes Manchester United, while Umenyiora prefers either Chelsea or Man City.
Umenyiora was such a key and immensely popular member of the Giants for so long, helping the team to a pair of Super Bowl titles. He made the Pro Bowl twice and had 75 sacks during his tenure with New York, including a career-best 14.5 in 2005.
Even Tom Coughlin, the Giants' hardscrabble coach, sounded a bit moved by the thought of Umenyiora wearing red instead of blue.
The Giants still have Cruz,Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale, their flashy receiver. And offensive tackle Will Beatty, a player who still speaks fondly of Umenyiora (and vice versa). They all wish they could have stuck together a little longer.
Well, not everything.
This season, he's been demoted to a backup role. Umenyiora has six tackles through the first month of the season and is still looking for his first sack. He looks out of place in the Falcons' preferred 3-4 alignment, not quite mobile enough to handle an outside linebacker role, not quite big enough to take an inside spot.
Umenyiora, who turns 33 next months,NFL Jerseys Supply, hasn't made much of an impact in his two seasons with the Falcons (2-2). While he had a team-high 7.5 sacks last season, the Falcons struggled to get pressure on the quarterback.
He doesn't really recognized these Giants (2-2), who have gone through extensive turnover the last two seasons and this year brought in a new offensive coordinator, Ben McAdoo, to install a West Coast-style offense.
This certainly isn't a case like Steve Smith, who took such pleasure in beating his former team last week. The Baltimore Ravens receiver had 139 yards receiving and two touchdowns in a 38-10 rout of Carolina, then angrily spouted that the Panthers "stabbed me in the back."
There are no hard feelings for Umenyiora.
"I've never had a chance to get even close to him," Umenyiora said, trying to hold back a smile.

It seems downright surreal to everyone involved.
FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP) — Osi Umenyiora still goes online to play video games against his buddy Victor Cruz.
Umenyiora, who spent the first decade of his career with the New York Giants, will line up for the first time against his former team as a defensive end for the Atlanta Falcons.
"It's still a little bit sad to see ol' Osi over there," Coughlin said. "He was such an integral part of our team."
"I'm excited to see a lot of the familiar faces," Umenyiora said. "I was there for 10 years,Cheap NHL Jerseys, basically a third of my life,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, so I met a lot of people, have a lot of good friends there. Most of the good things in my life came from that organization."
Umenyiora hopes he'll get an opportunity to go after Giants quarterback Eli Manning, a player who was always hands-off to him in practice when he played for the Giants.
"I left there on really good terms with everybody," Umenyiora said. "So I don't have any of that, 'I want to come back and kick the Giants in the teeth,' stuff like that. I've got a job to do. We've got to get back to winning. We have a big one on the road this week. That's pretty much all I'm focused on."
"I'm not going to lie. He wins the majority of the time," Cruz said. "But I come back when it matters,Wholesale Jerseys USA, so I'm cool with that."
On Sunday, they'll be opponents in that other kind of football, in a game that really matters.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-6-3 07:38 , Processed in 0.070725 second(s), 26 queries .