2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-27 15:30:14 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"That right there was a really good test,Cheap Air Max 2018," Kerley said. "I think the big transformation between Geno from last year to this year is his poise. He has definitely shown to be, not necessarily a different guy, but his poise is definitely starting to show.
"He wasn't worried about that play," wide receiver Jeremy Kerley said Wednesday. "He was worried about the next play. That showed a lot of character on his part."
There was no whining about what could have been. No frustration from the quarterback, either.
There was a third-and-6 play in the third quarter when Smith spun out of what appeared to be a sure sack, found running back Bilal Powell open and flipped him the ball for a 20-yard gain. It led to a tying field goal, and was another example of a quarterback refusing to panic even when the pocket is collapsing around him.
"We've got the Bears coming up and we'll be ready for them."
Smith remains a work in progress, a quarterback who flashes at times with terrific plays that make the Jets believe they might have something special.
Small consolation, as far as he is concerned.
"It took me until today's practice," he said. "I was (ticked) off for about two days,Nike Huarache Shoes For Sale, so today's practice allowed me to flush that out of my system and just get back to playing football."
"We lost," he said. "Anytime you lose, I hate losing. That's really what happened. I was pretty upset about it."
It took a lot for Smith to get to that point, though. After the loss — on the flight home, the next day reviewing film and the days before finally getting back on the field Wednesday — the missed opportunities ate away at him.
"The fact that we went back out there and got the fourth down, that's a positive thing," Smith said. "We're still fighting, but we should've scored. My opinion, we should've scored. We should've went down on that drive and tied it up, but we didn't. Hats off to Green Bay, but that's over with.
"We're still growing."
NOTES: Jets coach Rex Ryan dismissed the notion that WR Santonio Holmes, now with the Bears,Austin Hooper Falcons Jersey, was a divisive presence in the New York locker room. "I never thought he was a bad teammate," Ryan said. "I absolutely did not think that. I thought he played hard. He tried to mentor some of the younger receivers and the dude won a lot of games for us. He played well for us." ... With 18 penalties in two games, Muhammad Wilkerson getting ejected for fighting against the Packers and the timeout fiasco, some have wondered if the Jets are an undisciplined team. "No, not at all," Ryan insisted. "Has it been perfect? Absolutely not. And that's the thing that we talk about,Nike Shox Clearance, trying to get better, and maybe there's other areas that we can get better at. Clearly we're going to go for it. We're trying to become an outstanding football team."
He finished 16 of 32 for 176 yards, including a touchdown pass to Eric Decker, and also ran for a score. Smith also threw an interception that wasn't entirely his fault near the goal line before halftime, a wobbly toss that came as he was hit in his legs. He missed a few receivers who were wide open at times.
So, the second-year quarterback went right back to work and converted on fourth down — again — with a 6-yard pass to David Nelson on fourth-and-4 from the Packers 36. The drive was still alive, and so were the Jets.
"Last week, I learned that we're a pretty tough team," Smith said. "We're pretty disciplined. We went in on the road, had a bunch of silent counts, went no huddle and the communication was great. For the most part, we played a clean game, but just didn't come away with enough big plays to win the game.
"That's one thing I pride him on and I think it's going to carry this team,Air Max 90 Black Leather."
Just like their quarterback. And after two games, there have been mistakes, of course. But Smith is showing he's in command as he continues to make progress.
The Jets' drive stalled after that conversion and the Packers ran out the clock to hang on for a 31-24 victory. It was a frustrating end to a game in which the Jets held an 18-point lead at one point, but Smith had them in position to tie it in the final moments.

Smith prides himself on being able to put mistakes and losses behind him quickly, pushing forward to the next challenge. This time,Bryan Bickell Jersey, though, was different.
"He just doesn't get rattled," Kerley said. "We all see that."
The Jets still needed to convert a fourth-down play to give themselves a chance against the Green Bay Packers. The game was on the line, and Smith was as cool and calm as ever.
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) — The New York Jets had just seen a tying touchdown erased from the scoreboard by an ill-timed timeout call when Geno Smith and the offense huddled up again.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-9 16:14 , Processed in 0.076612 second(s), 26 queries .