4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-28 04:43:25 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Recognizing her sterling contribution to St. Joseph High School over the years, students, teachers and parents gathered at the school’s auditorium yesterday, to show appreciation and bid farewell to retiredMs. Primo (Third from right) is flanked by students and teachers of St. Joseph High School.Headmistress, Ms. Gail Primo.A native of Kara-Kara Linden, Ms. Primo dedicated more than three decades of her life to the teaching profession.While delivering her remarks at the valediction ceremony on Tuesday, the retired Headmistress recounted that she joined the profession in the late 1970’s. Her first job was at the Mackenzie Primary School in Linden.“Teaching has been a part of me for as long as I can recall…I have had a very rewarding career… Being able to see the development of children into successful adults, gives me a sense of pride,” Primo said.She thanked the students, staff members and retired teachers present, for their role in making her journey as a teacher a very enjoyable and memorable one.“You are all very special to me. Thanks to the persons who have in any way contributed to my enjoyable years as a teacher,” Ms. Primo added as she noted that the teaching calls for a lot of dedication.She recounted that her career was filled with many memorable experiences. She recalled one occasion when she was able to help a student overcome social and personal issues to attend school regularly.“Teachers are many times seen as confidantes…They must have a good relationship with the staff as well as their students,” she said.“Teachers must be able to adapt because every child you meet has a different personality and different needs, so you must understand where they are coming from… Life is not always easy for children,” the former Headmistress said.Asked what she would miss most about the profession, the former Maths teacher said,Nike Roshe Run Sale Outlet, “I love to teach. I enjoyed it.”Ms. Primo believes that there is a “certain fulfillment which comes from teaching that you can’t get at any other profession.”She noted, though, that at St. Joseph High School her work was made a bit easier since the students at the institution were always willing to learn.At yesterday’s event, many joined in expressing gratitude to the retired Headmistress for her dedication and service to the nation’s children throughout the years.It was noted that under Primo’s tenure, St Joseph High School soared to new heights; it became the most improved senior secondary school in Guyana.  Those in attendance related that though she is a disciplinarian, Primo is a very easy person to get along with.Students and teachers of the institution sang; danced and recited poetry to show their appreciation.   Some pupils also presented, Ms. Primo with gifts and tokens of appreciation.Ms Primo taught the Linden Foundation Secondary, North Ruimveldt Multilateral School and Ascension Community High School, before being appointed as a Deputy Head teacher of St. Joseph High School in 2004.She subsequently became Headmistress of St Joseph’s in 2007 and continued to serve in that capacity until 2015.   She is succeeded by Mr. Nathram RaghubansiHowever, though retired, Ms. Primo will continue to serve as an Administrator of the Board of Governors at St. Joseph.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 07:13 , Processed in 0.066776 second(s), 26 queries .