9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-28 13:20:36 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
A native of Guyana in South America, Webb-Lewis migrated to the United States as a young adult. After obtaining a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, she went to work for Xerox Corporation in New York City. She held increasingly responsible positions with Xerox,Air Max 97 Black Leather, eventually moving into management.A few years ago, while visiting friends in Henderson,Air Max 97 For Sale Australia, she went to a party at Satterwhite Point on Kerr Lake. “Something about the water soothed me,” she said.When Xerox transferred her to its Raleigh office, she and her family settled in Henderson and she commuted to her job. Meanwhile, her husband, Nelson, continued his career as an electrical engineer with ConEdison in New York, making the long commute in that direction.Eight years ago, according to Webb-Lewis, her “teaching instinct” kicked in. “I also wanted to have a greater role in the education of my own children. I called the Department of Public Instruction and asked them, ‘What do I need to do?’”She contacted the Human Resources Office of Vance County Schools, and two or three weeks later got a call about a Mathematics opening at Henderson Middle School. She became one of the school system’s “lateral entry” teachers, those who do not come through the traditional route of teacher preparation.Now, as an eighth-grade mathematics teacher, Webb-Lewis is making her mark. Her students have consistently done well on tests and other indicators of academic achievement.She thinks her management training and experience have been major assets as she segued into her role as teacher. She points out that in the classroom a teacher must manage a number of diverse factors, including her own time, the students’ time, social interactions and conduct of individuals and groups, to name a few.The Webb-Lewises have four children. Two attend the North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics. All of them play competitive tennis.Webb-Lewis sees herself as an advocate for the middle school students. She believes the middle school is a key to the success of the school system. “High school outcomes are based on the middle school foundation,” she said. “I tell my students, if it happens here, it can happen there. If not, it won’t happen there.”“I hope to use the Teacher-of-the-Year award as a platform to make a difference in the community,Marshon Lattimore Jersey,” she said, “to see what I can do, along with the other Teachers of the Year. We are voices that together can effect change.”Webb-Lewis and the other teachers who won Teacher-of-the Year honours in their individual schools were honored at a banquet in the Southern Vance High School cafeteria on September 10, last.Sharon Hopper, Teacher of the Year at Zeb Vance Elementary School, was recognised as first runner up. Iris Ioyoda Lacson of Clark Street Elementary School was second runner up.Other teachers of the year representing local schools included: Tara Norwood, Aycock Elementary School; Stephanie Masters, Carver Elementary School; Michelle Foster,Pat Tillman Cardinals Throwback Jersey, Dabney Elementary School; Kelvin Henderson, New Hope Elementary School; Carnetta Thomas, Pinkston Street Elementary School; Jenny Edwards, E.M. Rollins Elementary School; Doreen Gilliam of E.O. Young Jr. Elementary School; Jacqueline Howard, L.B. Yancey Elementary School; Shannon Kelsey, Eaton-Johnson Middle School; Kerry Bourne, Northern Vance High School; Michael Bean,Nike Air Max 1 Ultra Flyknit Womens, Southern Vance High School; Reynalin Sangangbayan, Western Vance High School; and Maria Campbell, Vance County Early College High School.As the Vance County Schools Teacher of the Year, Webb-Lewis received a $1,000 cheque from the school system,Brian Gionta Jersey, a $500 cheque from the Vance County Public School Foundation and a $500 cheque from Walmart.She also received gifts from several local businesses including The Silo, Golden Skillet, Bojangles, Bullocks of Henderson, Betty Bs, Interiors & Gifts Too, Friendly Florist, Cracker Barrel and New Millenium Flower Shoppe.As the Vance County Teacher of the Year, Webb-Lewis will represent her colleagues in regional and state competitions for the North Carolina Teacher of the Year.Henderson Middle School has an enviable record in contributing teachers of the year. Four of the last five Vance County Teachers of the Year have been members of the faculty at the school. (By David Irvine – Daily Dispatch)
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-10 16:41 , Processed in 0.069928 second(s), 28 queries .