2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-29 07:36:20 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
His playing improved to the point where big-name schools were interested. He chose to go to South Carolina, but the Gamecocks over-signed their recruiting class so Mauldin decided to go elsewhere. He went to play for then-coach Charlie Strong at Louisville and his football abilities really took off.
"Anytime you go through those types of situations, that helps shape who you are as a man and they make you grow and make you hungrier," Jets coach Todd Bowles said.
He started playing at Maynard Jackson High School and blossomed as a defensive end after starting out as a linebacker. Mauldin found something he was good at — really good.
"I just wouldn't let anybody in," Mauldin said. "Most people would say, 'Don't bite the hand that feeds you.' I didn't believe in none of that. If it wasn't my mother or wasn't my father or my siblings,Cheap Jerseys Online, then I didn't want your help. I got hurt in college and it humbled me because I had people come to the hospital and ask me if I was OK.
The first two rounds of the NFL draft came and went without his name being called. Eighteen picks into the third round — No. 82 overall — the Jets went on the clock.
He gradually developed bonds with some of the people around him,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, trusting that they would be there for him — on and off the football field.
Mauldin remains hungry and still thinks about where he came from — and those who never thought he'd amount to much.
"I just want to be an example to them," he said, "where they can say, 'Oh, well, he did it, so I can do it, too.'"
That's when football saved him.

"To be honest, I'm still speechless," Mauldin said, "because it's crazy."
In four seasons, he had 20 1/2 sacks and forced four fumbles while attracting the attention of NFL scouts. But,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys, Mauldin's past made him wary of people. He had trust issues, and refused to open up to his teammates or coaches.
"Don't use your situation as a crutch," Mauldin said in the Jets' locker room Friday. "I won't call it a 'circumstance' because it's not a circumstance. I mean, you were born into it. Keep grinding and do what you've got to do and don't let anybody say you can't because you can."
"After that, everything went uphill from there."
About five months later, Mauldin was again making his family proud. But not before a few anxious hours.
It has certainly been,Cheap Jerseys, at many points, a heartbreaking path for the pass-rushing linebacker from Louisville. Both of his parents were in jail when he was just a baby, and he estimates he was in and out of about 12 or 13 foster homes, separated most times from his siblings, in the Atlanta area. It was a tumultuous existence for a young boy who sorely needed guidance and a purpose.
"Being through the hard times, I'm proud of myself to actually be able to say I stuck it out and was able to succeed in life," he said.
When he got on the phone with reporters last week shortly after he was drafted, he couldn't hold back. He joyfully cried while describing 22 years of struggles and, ultimately, success.
It was the Jets, who liked Mauldin's pass-rushing skills as an outside linebacker, something the team was looking for entering the draft. New York was also well aware of the hardships Mauldin endured.
Mauldin became the first member of his family to graduate from college, trading in his football uniform for a cap and gown to receive his degree last December. It was a triumphant moment for Mauldin, one he knows might help his younger siblings and cousins as they form their own paths in life.
"There are always going to be doubters and guys that say, 'Well, we didn't want this guy. We wanted someone else,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping,'" Mauldin said. "I'm just going to prove to everyone. I've been doing it my entire life."
From foster home to foster home, he knew the odds were stacked against him as a kid. The doubters, though, motivated him along the way — from an uncertain future to the NFL as a third-round pick of the New York Jets.
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) — The tears were an emotional punctuation to a journey Lorenzo Mauldin had been dreaming about for years.
"My junior year is when it started to come to me,Wholesale Jerseys From China," Mauldin recalled.
"I'm here to say that I'm not a statistic," Mauldin said, "and I'm going to overcome it."
"I had a friend who told me, 'Your phone's ringing!'" a smiling Mauldin said. "I was kind of scared to answer it. I had just realized that my dream was coming true. Someone's calling me and I'm getting picked in the third round."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 16:54 , Processed in 0.068206 second(s), 26 queries .