2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-29 23:27:15 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Notes: OL Maurice Hurt passed his physical Sunday and was placed back on the active roster. Gruden initially said that Hurt showed up at camp out of shape, but the coach clarified that Hurt had actually lost weight during the offseason for unspecified reasons and that trainers wanted to make sure the fourth-year player was "healthy enough" to practice. ... LB Brandon Jenkins, a 2013 fifth-round draft pick,Authentic Adidas Hockey Jerseys China, was waived. ... The Redskins will bring in former Cowboys DE Everette Brown for a tryout Monday. ... Team owner Dan Snyder attended practice for the first time at this year's camp.
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — After practice on Military Appreciation Day at Washington Redskins training camp, the special teams coordinator made a beeline to the people in uniform near the special VIP tent.
"He's very organized. He is to the point, doesn't beat around the bush," Gruden said. "I think players respect him a lot in that regard."
"He had us so pumped up in there from his speech, I raised my hand,Wholesale Jerseys China," quarterback Robert Griffin III said. "I was ready to run down on kickoffs."
Special teams is about motivation and organization,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, getting a diverse group of talents to buy into the least glamorous segment of the game. Given his background, it would be only natural for Kotwica to excel at both. At his first speech in front of the team in the spring, he invited the players to join his "special forces." The speech is already approaching legendary status within the organization.
Among ousted coach Mike Shanahan's many miscues during a 3-13 season included his decision to bring in old colleague Keith Burns, who was overmatched from the start. The Redskins' coverage and return units ranked near the bottom in nearly all major categories. Football Outsiders uses a complex formula to come up with a number that combines all special teams units; Washington's score was minus-11.9, far and away the worst of the league.
"The only thing I've always said is there's no bullets flying out here," Griffin said. "Yeah, we are,Sale NFL Jerseys, as a team per se, going to 'war' together on the field, but it's really not a war. I think it's just a play on words that players use, and it's not offensive to the military families, but I understand at least where he's coming from. It is not war. He's been in war. My dad's been in war. So they understand what it really means."
"I'm never going to overstep my boundaries with Coach Kotwica," Gruden said. "Hell, he intimidates me. I'm going to leave him alone."
Ben Kotwica used to be one of them. He was a helicopter pilot who flew more than 1,000 combat missions during the Iraq War.

The Redskins added several players with solid special teams backgrounds during free agency, but Kotwica is the major difference. He is loud and animated on the field and works hands-on, whether it be lining up in a three-point stance to give rushing tips or swinging a tetherball attached to the crossbar as part of a punt-blocking drill.
That's not to say he hasn't drawn from his military experiences, or used the occasional military term, during his rise in the NFL coaching ranks. After his service — which also included stints in Bosnia-Herzegovina and South Korea — he worked his way up to special teams coordinator over seven seasons with the New York Jets and this year joined the Redskins, perhaps the most significant hire made by new coach Jay Gruden.
Kotwica has his work cut out for him. The Redskins special teams units last year were arguably among the worst in NFL history.
"It was embarrassing. It was real embarrassing," said tight end Niles Paul,Cheap Sports Jerseys, one of last year's few special teams standouts. "We lost quite a few games last year just based on special teams. Changes had to be made, obviously. We've got guys in here that actually want to be on the teams and who know their role on this team."
Just don't expect him to call it a war. Griffin, whose parents both served in the Army, appreciates the sensitivity over such vocabulary.
Kotwica said the Army helped him understand how to handle "a bunch of different people from a bunch of different backgrounds" to carry out a common goal,NFL Jerseys Wholesale.
"I think the parallels that get drawn sometimes between war and football get a little bit exacerbated," he said.
He now works with men who play games. NFL players love to speak of "battle" and "war" on the playing field; Kotwica knows the real thing.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 09:16 , Processed in 0.068247 second(s), 26 queries .