2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-30 04:21:37 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
The Bears also picked Oregon center Hroniss Grasu, a former teammate of Bears guard Kyle Long, in the third round. Grasu and Goldman squared off against each other in January's Rose Bowl.
It was quite an introduction to Chicago.
"Kyle is my best friend, he's a brother to me," Grasu said. "To be able to continue that is unbelievable."
The Bears view Goldman as a run-stuffer who also has some ability as a pass rusher. However, some scouts disliked his ability to stay on the field for passing downs.
"I've always got to prove everyone wrong," White said. "There's always going to be critics and doubters.'
The Bears are hoping his time has come after a 4.35-second 40-yard dash at the combine and a senior year with 10 touchdown catches, including a big nine-catch, one-TD, 143-yard game against Alabama.
Grasu, the third-round pick, is the youngest child of Romanian immigrants who didn't want him to play American football because they considered it too dangerous.
Cutler's status in the eyes of some Bears fans - and possibly Pace and the coaching staff -- might be less lofty than the rookie receiver knows considering the trade rumors circulating about the veteran quarterback. Cutler and his family went out to dinner with White. If the connection is built later on the football field, plenty of critics will be wrong.
"He's a cool guy,Cheap NBA Jerseys China, laid-back, he's the man in this city," White said about Cutler after their first meeting Friday at Halas Hall.
The Bears currently have center Will Montgomery on the roster after signing him in free agency and it's possible Grasu could play some at guard. However,China Jerseys, Pace sees him as a true center.
Butkus, the Hall of Fame former Bears linebacker, said he liked the pick after announcing it to the cheering crowd Friday night at the draft in downtown Chicago, miles from Halas Hall in suburban Lake Forest.  Goldman, a 6-foot-4, 336-pound nose tackle, said he feels like he'll have something to prove. And he liked Butkus' comment.
The Bears defense finished 30th in the NFL the last two seasons and two years ago were the worst run defense in the league.
Another source of comfort for Grassu will be playing with Long again.
LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) — Florida State defensive lineman Eddie Goldman became a little emotional after hearing his name called by Dick Butkus in the second round of the NFL draft.
Entering the day, Chicago also held the No. 71 pick in the third round,Cheap NFL Authentic Jerseys, and picks in the fourth, fifth and sixth rounds Saturday.
A 6-foot-3, 297-pounder known for quickness, Grasu anchored the up-tempo Oregon offense and feels his background in it is asset.
"It should really help out with Chicago because I always had to make a lot of decisions in a very short amount of time," he said.
"All aspects of my game can use improvement, but pass rush is something scouts knocked me for," Goldman said. "But I think I can pass rush with the best of them. I mean, we'll just have to wait and see because I'm going to prove everyone wrong."
There may be some adjustments ahead yet for White, since he'd been on the right side at West Virginia and had played in a spread offense that left him a lot of leeway in running pass routes. In offensive coordinator Adam Gase's offense, White will line up on the left side with the capability of playing the slot.
Not much has bothered White in the past as he made a meteoric rise from playing before a handful of fans at Lackawanna College in Scranton, Pennsylvania, to West Virginia and then to the draft's first round Thursday.  Just getting to West Virginia was an ordeal, as he sent out an estimated 250 emails to college coaches in hopes of a response.
Goldman has played end and tackle,Cheap Jerseys, but is viewed as a nose tackle for the middle of the team's new 3-4 defensive scheme. In his junior season last year, he had a career-high 35 tackles, including eight for loss, and four sacks.
"Honestly, I think I can play anywhere on the line in the NFL," Goldman said.
The Bears have never played a 3-4 and had only 11-year veteran Jeremiah Ratliff listed on their roster at the nose tackle position during their minicamp this week. Ratliff,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, who is a player Goldman said he idolized, spent much of his career playing tackle in a 4-3.
Chicago's pick in the first round,Wholesale China Jerseys, West Virginia wide receiver Kevin White, the seventh pick overall, is being looked to as a replacement for the departed Brandon Marshall and a player who might help turn around the fortunes of quarterback Jay Cutler following a 24-turnover season that ended with a 5-11 record.
"A good battle," Bears general manager Ryan Pace said. "Those are two great players going at it and they'll be doing it again in practice."
"He was one of my dad's favorite players," Goldman said. "My dad likes the gritty type of guys. To hear him say that, that, "I like that," it's so subtle, it's so small but coming from him it kind of made my heart drop a little bit because he's NFL royalty right there."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 08:02 , Processed in 0.072126 second(s), 26 queries .