2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-31 21:38:32 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Watching games on the weekend in a sweatsuit is weird. But at least Mauro has a job, which this week included floating up and down the line of scrimmage trying to do all the things that make Watt one of the most disruptive forces in the league.
"He is a freakish athlete whose motor never stops,Cheap Jerseys China," Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley said. "You aren't going to keep him off the stat sheet entirely."

Mauro, a member of the Steelers' practice squad,Cheap NFL Jerseys, spent the days leading up to Monday night's game against Watt and the Houston Texans (3-3) doing his best to emulate the borderline unstoppable defensive end.
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Josh Mauro pulled the orange mesh top with the No. 99 on it, wiped his forehead and shook his head.
Mauro did his best anyway. One snap he was over the center. The next he was at defensive end. Another he was standing up. For a player trying to catch on, there are worse people to emulate. Mauro considers it part of his education.
On that front Mauro can relate. He's earned praise from his teammates for his preparation and effort and he understands he plays for a team where practice squad players can evolve into Sunday contributors. It worked for linebacker James Harrison, who morphed from project into one of the league's most menacing players.
"You're always looking to pick up stuff,Cheap Jerseys Wholesale, whether it's from him or guys like (teammates) Cam Heyward or Brett Keisel,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping," Mauro said. "I try to do similar things to (Watt), but a lot of things he does, it's not technique. It's just him."
"Everyone has got a role on the team and my job is to do the best possible (imitation) and get better myself with my technique," he said. "Whatever they ask me to do I do with a really high motor and just try to get them ready for game day."
Turns out the only thing that might be harder than blocking J.J. Watt is trying to impersonate him.
That can't happen on Monday night if the Steelers want to get back into the mix in the crowded AFC North. While the Texans are 27th in yards allowed, their 14 takeaways are tied with New England for most in the NFL mainly because of Watt's uncanny ability to find his way to the ball.
"He's not superhuman," left guard Ramon Foster said. "He's a guy who works his butt off is what he does."
It's only the middle of October and Watt has already become the fourth player in NFL history to have a touchdown reception, interception return for touchdown and fumble recovery for TD in same season. Mauro likely won't find his way into a uniform on Sunday this season barring injury, let alone make it all the way to the end zone during a game.
The Steelers will try anyway. While they have a healthy respect for Watt,China NFL Jerseys, they're not cowering from the challenge.
Still, he figures his energetic play helped him land a spot on the 10-man practice squad. If all else fails,Cheap Air Max 95 For Sale, at least he has that when he faces the Pittsburgh starting offensive line during the week.
"If you have a guy on your scout team like (Watt), they're probably going to be playing," Mauro said. "The most impressive thing is the stuff you can't coach."
It's not easy.
There are some similarities. At 6-foot-6, Mauro is actually an inch taller than the 2012 NFL Defensive Player of the Year. Like Watt, Mauro was an impact player in college, helping anchor Stanford teams that made regular trips to the Rose Bowl.
Mauro is hardly there yet. For now he's content being a mimic. Two weeks ago it was Cleveland's Paul Kruger. This week it was Watt. Next week it'll be somebody else. Hey, it beats working for a living.
Yet where Watt was a first-round pick by the Texans in 2011, Mauro watched the 2014 draft come and go without hearing his name called. He signed with the Steelers as a rookie free agent and agreed to a spot on the practice squad when he couldn't survive the final round of cuts.
And the Steelers hope that's enough. Pittsburgh has allowed 17 sacks this season during an uneven 3-3 start, though quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has taken some of the blame, allowing he sometimes holds on to the ball too long.
"I go the same speed no matter what jersey I have on," Mauro said.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 18:30 , Processed in 0.087605 second(s), 26 queries .